6.12.22 Greater Than: A Life of Monotony
Greater than: “A Life of Monotony”
June 11, 2022
I. The same ending for everyone (vs 1-6)
I Corinthians 15:26
1. The path of denial (vs 3)
2. The path of endurance (vs 4-6)
II. A different life for some (vs 7-10)
1. Enjoying your life to the fullest (vs 7-8)
2. Enjoy your marriage to the fullest (vs 9)
3. Enjoy your work to the fullest (vs 10)
I Thessalonians 3:10
1. When did you have to face the reality of death for the first time? How did that experience make you feel?
2. Have you ever used your circumstances to gauge how God feels about you at a given time? Why do you think we are so prone to do that?
3. According to Ecclesiastes 9, as well as the rest of the Bible, why do we all die?
4. How can contemplating death cause you to enjoy life more?
5. Were you raised in a faith tradition that taught or implied that walking with God means not doing anything that feels good? Why do you think the church has often defaulted to that position?
6. How can you fully enjoy life in a godly way? What does the “abundant life” look like according to Ecclesiastes 9?