USA Weekend recently polled Americans to determine who is happy and why. The results were surprising. Two in three adults rated their happiness at 8 or higher on a 1-10 scale.The poll and subsequent interviews revealed the following reasons people give for being happy.
• Younger isn't better. Most people are happiest at their current age.
· Health matters more than wealth. Three-fourths of those who said their health was excellent or very good were very happy. Just 4 percent said a high income was the most important factor.
· After health, religious faith was the next most important factor in feeling happy.
· People who live with others are happier than those who live alone.
· Extremely happy people are active and social.