11.7.21 Our Purpose: "Love God, Love Others, Make Disciples"
HCC Purpose: “Love God, Love Others, Make Disciples”
Nov 7, 2021
A. HCC “multiply” Logo
B. HCC Pathway: Love God, Love Others, Make Disciples
I. Which is the greatest commandment? (vs 34-36)
“For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become guilty of all of it.”
1. Love God.
2. Love your neighbor.
II. We are commanded to love God with all that we are! (vs 37-38)
“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.” Deuteronomy 6:5
1. Love the Lord your God.
2. Love God with all your being!
3. Loving God is man’s primary responsibility.
a. A love relationship involves commitment and loyalty.
b. A love relationship involves trust and respect.
c. A love relationship involves giving and surrendering.
d. A love relationship involves knowing and sharing.
4. Loving God is expressed with words.
5. Love God passionately.
a. With all your heart.
“For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Matthew 6:21
b. With all your soul.
c. With all your mind. (Mark 12:30)
d. With all your strength.
III. This is the great and first commandment. (vs 38)
1. Practice explaining to another person HCC’s “multiplying people” logo.
2. Share the two steps with another person of Loving God. HINT: We first love God by accepting His love of Christ His Son and then we worship God with our lives and on Sunday at HCC.
3. What is the root of all rejections of Jesus? (HINT: Read and discuss John 3:19-21)
4. What would you say to someone who states they reject the authority of God’s Word, but they love God?
5. From the message Sunday, what are the similarities between loving God and loving our spouse, our children, our grandchildren, or our best friends?
6. Be intentional this week to express to God how you love Him. Read the Psalms for inspirations. Discuss what you prayed with your C or D groups.