Service to God
- Service begins with a heart that is stirred. vs 21- 24
- And they came - After Moses shared with them the commands of God the people left. As their heart were moved they came.
- Whose spirit moved him - The people didn't come out of some compulsion, or out of some mandated order, but when their spirit moved them.
- Willing heart - The people only came when their heart was willing, not because in was demanded of them.
- Brought gold, bronze, blue, purple, scarlet, fine linen, goats hair, tanned rams skins, "dolphin" skins, silver, copper, acacia wood - They brought the best of what they had.
- Service begins with the use of ones talent. vs 25 - 29
- Women whose hearts were moved with abilty spun the yarn and goats hair - because their hearts were moved the women began the work of spinning the linen for the Tabernacle.
- Chapter 36 goes on to talk about that every man whose heart was stirred, and who the Lord put the ability came to do the work - this is true of the men, as their heart was stirred they began to do the work.
- Service of the sanctuary - "avodah" hebrew word that means labor.
- Service begins with being filled by the Spirit. vs 30 - 35
- Bezalel was filled with the Spirit of God to do the work.
- With ability
- with intelligence
- with knowledge
- with all craftsmenship
- To devise artisitic design - in cutting stone, carving wood, for work in every craft.
- And he inspired him to teach.