- What is it?
- To encourage is to give courage, hope or confidence spiritually. The ability to encourage is a gift. Rom. 12. All Christians must, but some better at it. Why must we? Heb. 3:13
- Encouragement must be daily.
- Encouragement prevents deception and sin.
- Encouragement prevents hardness and sin.
- How do we do it? Who are the prime candidates?
- Analogy: Basketball team – players and benchwarmers
- Who needs encouragement?
i. Leaders and wives
ii. Bookstore staff
iii. Bible study leaders
iv. Active, evangelist Christians
v. Struggling Christians
- Sinning Christians (tubed out) do not need it. Wait a minute! What’s their responsibility? Theirs. Golden Rule! Luke 6:31. Do unto … Not negative.
- Application; Doing it, Suggestions
- Make a list of the ways different Christians give to you. Include everything. #. Let them know (over the next month); no barrage.
- Don’t get mushy. Just be appreciative.
- 10 lepers