Life and Death
- John 10:10 – I have come that they might have life…purpose of Christmas – I have come… What kind of life?
- John 5:24 – Eternal – this life a process, not an event. Crossed over from death to life. Death is done, life begun. I died to death – Gal. 2:20, Rom 6:8-11
- John 10:10 – full, abundant. Christians who don’t experience it this way are either
- Disobedient – solution: stop it
- Or are trying to “die daily” I Cor. 15 – Persecution, not old nature; Mark 8:34-Physical cost of following Jesus
Romans 12:1,2-Christian sacrifice is one of life, not death. If you have eternal life, don’t try to die.
- Romans 6:23 – It is a gift. You can’t earn it
- Work at sin
- Receive eternal life
a. Acts of sinful nature
b. Fruit of spirit