One thing I have noticed as I got older is the need for insurance. First you know there was the what if I have a car wreck. Then there was the you must have liability for compliance with state laws, and you must have comprehensive if you carry a note on your auto. But then there was how do you use that auto. Do you smoke. Have you had any tickets lately…and all kinds of things that could determine how much the cost or what was the extent of your coverage. Then of course if you buy a house there is home owners insurance. Don’t forget Health Insurance…what is covered and what is not. But what about accidental policy or a cancer policy or workman’s comp…or even disability insurance. And I don’t want to leave out life insurance…there is whole life and term life to make it simple, but varying kinds of each of these. Then any financial advisor will tell you about the benefits of a retirement plan whether it be IRA or ….Keog or a …..Then there is your savings and immediate cash reserve….and many other things…The fact is unless you are a very good planner and have a lot of money you may not ever feel that you are totally covered. This leaves the feeling of insecurity which is the precipitator of many maladies today.
Sometimes we think all of our efforts will take care of us in this life, but invariably we leave something uncovered. Wouldn’t you like to have your life completely assured (instead of insured)
Adam and Eve found out that fig leaves will not cover. Our efforts are represented by those fig leaves. We can do everything in any facet of life and still leave something undone. However Jesus came to save the whole man (Body,Soul, and Spirit)
There is a train of thought that Salvation is just a fire escape. Wait, I can’t believe that I said that, “just a fire escape?” But anyway the Salvation that God provides is far more than that. Let’s take a simple scripture for instance 1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bore our sins in his own body on the tree that we being dead to sin should live unto righteousness, by whose stripes we were healed.
As you can see here we see the forgiveness of sins and healing for the body as we see in Psalm 103 where David says, Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me, bless his holy name, who forgiveth all thine iniquities, who healeth all thy diseases.
Or there is Isaiah 53 that teaches that he was wounded for our transgressions and he was brusied for our iniquities and with his stripes we are healed…which by the way is the scripture that Peter refered too and we mentioned earlier.
#. Jehovah Nissi—is also Jehovah Jireh…the rest of the compound names
- He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most high shall abide under that shadow of the Almighty
- Under the Blood-Covered
- Sin Question- I think we have given ample proof to show that there is not a sin that cannot be covered other than rejecting the atonement and that makes since does it not.
- Health Question- Sickness, not a pleasant subject, but reality a part of our sinful world. There was no sickness question until there was sin. So they are twin sisters. They are not of God. God didn’t give you arthritis or cancer or kidney disease…no God didn’t do it…he can dispel it. You may have come by it innocently enough…but the point of this message this morning is that Christ paid the price for your healing and mine.
- Poverty Question –Deuteronomy 8:18> God will supply all your needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
- Mental Question-Romans 12:2; 1 Timothy 2:7
- Protection Question- Mark 16 and Psalm 91