John 11:35 Jesus wept.
1) Jesus wept because the other people wept—John 11:33 When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled, 1)Rejoice with them that rejoice and morn with them 2)He felt their pain 3)He experienced the loss of someone close
2) Jesus wept because of his great compassion— Matthew 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! 38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. 1) Death seams so final 2) Death leaves a lonely spot 3) Death is a separation
3) Jesus wept because of his great Love---Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 1) Jesus loved Lazarus 2) Jesus loves his own 3) Love goes beyond the grave 4) Jesus saw their heart
4) Jesus wept because he had to bring Lazarus back—Job 14:1 Man that is born of a woman is of few days, and full of trouble. 1 John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 1)Back to a world full of sin 2)Back to face sin again 3)Back to have heart aches again 4)Back to experience disappointment 5)Back to face the Devil again
5) Jesus wept because of the result of man’s sin---Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. 1)Sin brings forth death 2)Sin takes you farther than you meant to go 3)Sins cost you more than you meant to pay 4)Sin keeps you longer than you meant to stay 5)The sin of unbelief will send you to Hell