The Full Passion of Christ
The Full Passion of Christ
Introduction: lately there has been a lot of commotion over the movie “The Passion of the Christ” many have been touched like never before some have fainted some became ill, I have heard of one that died while witnessing the nails being driven. While I haven’t watched it yet, I do intend to but there is something that bothers me. Not anything wrong with the movie, just with those watching it; I have heard a lot about it its graphic details, the blood, the scenes of pain but that is all I heard happy customers talking about a product they have purchased. Not much said about the Passion and that isn’t the movies fault. We have grown all too used to graphic movies do we take the time to think about what Jesus did and why He did it?
Isaiah 53 (KJV)
1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed? 2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. 3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. 5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. 6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. 7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth. 8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. 9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand. 11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. 12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.
1. Verse one “who hath believe our report” There are all too many who don’t believe what Jesus did for our sins.
2. When we shall see Him there is no beauty that we shall desire Him. After all the beating and scorn, after the crucifixion Jesus would not look like the beautiful pictures painted of Him. We need to think about all the pain that He suffered for us. He did that for YOU!
3. He is despised of men. Jesus is the messiah, the Master, the Great Shepherd, yet he was mocked and spit upon, hated of men. Why, what could convince him to do such a thing? YOU!
4. He bore our griefs, and carried our sorrows, wounded and brusied for YOU!
5. In just a few years Jesus had gone from speaking to twelve to literally THOUSANDS! Now all those people had left him even his own disciple cursed and swore he never met the man!
6. Jesus was robbed of any justice. To some that sounds small but today if a thief or murderer is not read his “Miranda” rights he is immediately freed.
7. The Passion of Christ was to bear your sins and make intercession for you! Don’t forget the Full Passion of Christ!
No movie no matter how greatly done can truly show what Jesus suffered for me and you.