Faithlife Sermons

Lord Lay Some Soul Upon My Heart

Sermon  •  Submitted
0 ratings
· 28 views
Notes & Transcripts
Sermon Tone Analysis
A
D
F
J
S
Emotion
A
C
T
Language
O
C
E
A
E
Social
View more →

Lord Lay Some Soul Upon My Heart

Before growth can occur, you must have prospects, and you can’t get prospects if you don’t have a friendly and accessible church. Visitors who come to a cold, unfriendly church are not liable to return.

Most small churches are quick to tell you, “Why, we’re the friendliest little church in town.” Most are friendly to their own members, but to be honest, they often ignore the lonely visitor. They’re so busy being neighborly to their neighbor; they pay no attention to others. For some reason, many small-church members are afraid they are going to bother the guests.

Matthew 9:36-38KJV

36 But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd. 37 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; 38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.

It is said that 95% of all Christian individuals NEVER win so much as ONE soul to Jesus in their entire lives! Only 5 out of 100 people ever win their first soul! Think about that which part of the group you are right now! We need a true burden for lost souls even the ones we aren’t too comfortable around!

            My prayer for this church is that we could desire to win souls for Jesus! That instead of being just like all the others only having 5% of the people out there working to win souls that we would be the other way around and 95% of us would constantly work to bring in the harvest. Time is running out!

  1. Compassion our greatest tool!
    1. Compassion or love is powerful! “Charity never faileth” Jesus felt compassion He was “moved” with compassion!
    2. Love never quits never gives up no matter how little we are able to do in one day!

1 Corinthians 13:7KJV

7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

    1. We need compassion! We need to feel for the souls that are being lost! Compassion for every person that is out there how many are not in church, how much sin is out there. We live in a nation not unlike Sodom and Gomorrah if we don’t do something now we will see homosexual marriages in KY! Main street Owingsville will stop for prayer to Allah bowing toward Mecca. Too many don’t believe this could happen but it can it will if we don’t do something soon. #. The harvest is plentiful but the laborers are few!
    2. So many of us seem to be waiting for the harvest to come to us but Jesus tells us that harvest time has already come! V38 #. We no longer can sit idly by and wait for everyone to beat a path to our door we must begin to pray for workers in the field here at Abounding Grace Assembly of God

John 4:35KJV

35 Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.

    1. Today is the day we must begin the harvest time has begun already! Yes the president of USA spoke with our SUPT. Concerning the fact that A/G was recognized as the fastest growing Christian church but the fastest growing and largest of all religions is Islam

  1. Few are taking part in this important work you can make a difference!
    1. Nobody will ever hear of salvation unless we tell them about it! Romans 10:14KJV

14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

    1. We aren’t asked to go and spread this gospel we are commanded!

Mark 16:15-16KJV

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
              c. This word is spoken to everyone! This isn’t just to the pastors and ministers out there often people think that the pastor is the “resident evangelist” since he is paid but we all must share and spread the good news of salvation.


Let us all join in prayer to ask God to do as the old chorus said “Lord lay some soul upon my heart and love that soul through me. And may I humbly do my part to win that soul for thee!”

Related Media
Related Sermons