How Is Your Home Life
How Is Your Home Life?
Intro: What is your Home like? A question not comfortable for many to answer! But, if your home is like a TV “Soap Opera” or you see yourselves in many talk shows, your home is in trouble. Today’s culture doesn’t accept this, many don’t want to hear it (much like they way we don’t want to admit we are sick or we have health problems we don’t admit family problems) but God’s Word is the guide for marriages and homes!
Text: Colossians 3:18-21AMP
18 Wives, be subject to your husbands [subordinate and adapt yourselves to them], as is right and fitting and your proper duty in the Lord. 19 Husbands, love your wives [be affectionate and sympathetic with them] and do not be harsh or bitter or resentful toward them. 20 Children, obey your parents in everything, for this is pleasing to the Lord. 21 Fathers, do not provoke or irritate or fret your children [do not be hard on them or harass them], lest they become discouraged and sullen and morose and feel inferior and frustrated. [Do not break their spirit.]
1. Is your home a place where the husband leads in a scriptural way and the others follow? Verse 18
- One must lead, the other walk along but husbands must follow Christ, the wife follow the husband. Remember! The husband isn’t king he is the manager, or the steward, God gave you that wife to love, take care of and protect! He can see what kind of job you are doing and he will judge you and me for it!
- We must be willing to submit to each other! Today’s culture isn’t willing to commit or submit to anything or anyone but how you live chooses the lifestyle of your children/grandchildren later on.
21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.
- Remember we teach our kids how to walk, how to talk, how to love and how to hate. We teach them what to do when married!
2. Is your home a place of honor and love between ALL MEMBERS? Verse 19
- We can choose to love! We can choose to honor!
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her,
28 So husbands ought also to love their own wives as their own bodies. He who loves his own wife loves himself; 29 for no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ also does the church, 30 because we are members of His body. 31 For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and shall be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh. 32 This mystery is great; but I am speaking with reference to Christ and the church. 33 Nevertheless, each individual among you also is to love his own wife even as himself, and the wife must see to it that she respects her husband.
- We can choose to honor!
1 Peter 3:7NASB95
7 You husbands in the same way, live with your wives in an understanding way, as with someone weaker, since she is a woman; and show her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life, so that your prayers will not be hindered.
3. Is your home a place where the children are disciplined?
- We all must be taught obedience
20 Children, be obedient to your parents in all things, for this is well-pleasing to the Lord.
- They must be taught God’s word!
2 Timothy 3:15NKJV
15 and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
- If not they will be taught where their cell is located or who their psychologist will be!!
4. How are we toward our children?
Fathers, do not provoke or irritate or fret your children [do not be hard on them or harass them], lest they become discouraged and sullen and morose and feel inferior and frustrated. [Do not break their spirit.]
- Are we one that disciplines out of love like our Lord does,
And now a word to you fathers. Don’t make your children angry by the way you treat them. Rather, bring them up with the discipline and instruction approved by the Lord.
- Or are we just harsh?
- The things said today affect the way they will live tomorrow! And we the parents are responsible like it or not!
1 Thessalonians 2:11-12KJV
11 As ye know how we exhorted and comforted and charged every one of you, as a father doth his children, 12 That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory.
Whether you think so or not, whether you like it or not your home is open to the community, your home is an example to the community. Moslems in the 3rd world hate America so much not because of what they know about us, but because of what decadence they have seen on TV. They think it is true! Your friends think what goes on in your home is what goes on in all Christian homes. That is a big responsibility guard it well!