Are Northerners Blue Necks
----- Original Message -----
From: Diane Ganong
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2001 9:26 AM
Subject: [Fwd: Are Northerners "Blue Necks?"]
ARE NORTHERNERS "BLUE NECKS?"
By now I'm sure that you have heard all the Redneck jokes. Now here are some
takes on how Southern folks look at their Northern cousins:
YOU JUST MIGHT BE A BLUENECK IF:
1. You think barbecue is a verb meaning, "to cook outside."
2. You think Heinz Ketchup is really SPICY!
3. You don't have any problems pronouncing "Worcestershire sauce" correctly.
4. For breakfast, you would prefer potato au gratin to grits.
5. You've never, ever, eaten okra, fried or boiled.
6. You eat fried chicken with a knife and fork.
7. You've never seen a live chicken and the only cows you've seen are on road
8. You have no idea what a polecat is.
9. You don't see anything wrong with putting a sweater on a poodle.
10. You would rather vacation at Martha's Vineyard than Six Flags.
11. You would rather have your son become a lawyer than grow up to get his
own TV fishing show.
12. Instead of referring to two or more people as "y'all," you call them "you
guys" even if both of them are women.
13. You don't think Ted Kennedy has an accent.
14. You have never planned your summer vacation around a gun-n-knife show.
15. You don't have at least one can of WD-40 somewhere around the house.
16. You don't have any hats in your closet that advertise feed stores.
17. You call binoculars opera glasses.
18. You can't spit out the car window without pulling over to the side of the
road and stopping.
19. You don't know anyone with at least two-first names (i.e., Joe Bob, Faye
Ellen, Billy Ray, Mary Jo, Bubba Dean, Joe Dan, Mary Alice, etc.)
20. You get freaked out when people on the subway talk to you.
21. You can do your laundry without quarters.
22. None of your fur coats are homemade