1-Acts and Romans Course Requirements and Grading
Acts and Romans Course Requirements and Grading
- Please read the books of Acts and Romans in your Bible.
- Please read the textbooks for Acts (Jerusalem to Rome by Homer A. Kent) and Romans (Romans: The Gospel of God’s Grace by Alva J. McClain).
- Faithful attendance. Unless you have Pastor Campbell’s approval to miss a class, 30 points will be deducted for each day missed. You must make up the work.
- A short devotional must be prepared from either Acts or Romans. This can be written by hand or typed on one sheet of paper (can be more pages, but not less than a whole sheet)
- This can be on a passage of Scripture.
- This can be on a word (for instance, like the word “joy” or “great” in Acts)
- This can be on a particular church.
- This can be a biography of a person mentioned in these books.
- This must be turned in by May 17th.
- A 100 point test will be given at the end of each book.
- The Acts test will be given on April 19th over all material covered up to and including notes given on April 12th.
- The Romans test will be given on May 24th over all material covered up to and including notes given on May 17th.
- Total = 200 Points
- 10 point quizzes will be given on the following dates at the beginning of the first hour covering the notes from the previous week, the reading assigned in the text, and the Bible reading assigned. Total = 70 Points
- March 29th
- April 5th
- April 12th
- April 26th
- May 3rd
- May 10th
- May 17th
- You will receive 15 points for reading Acts/Romans.
- You will receive 15 points for reading the texts.
- You will receive up to 30 points for the devotional.
- Grading will be as follows:
- 326-330, A+
- 314-325, A
- 310-313, A-
- 306-309, B+
- 297-305, B
- 293-296, B-
- 290-292, C+
- 284-289, C
- 281-283, C-
- 231-280, D