Lesson 1 - Origin of the Universe - Lesson
Lesson 1: The Origin of the Universe
If there was in fact a God, and you could ask him any one question, what question would you ask?
Read Genesis 1:1 – 2:3
Basic Theme: ‘Meet God’ – God reveals himself
1. What can we learn about God from this passage?
2. How does the author divide up this passage? (Hint: look for repetition and sequence.)
3. What statements are repeated within each of the divisions?
4. How do these statements change during Day 6? (What does God say differently before and after creating man?)
5. What is climatic about God ‘resting’ on the seventh day?
· Genesis is the “book of beginnings.” It’s an account about how ‘everything’ began.
· More important, it provides a beginning for how we think about all of life.
· God reveals himself as a Person with many wonderful qualities.