Easter 2021, When Jesus Speaks
IN HIS PRESENCE
Part 2: When Jesus Speaks
1.) It proves He is alive.
- John 20:16, “Jesus said to her, ‘Mary.’ She turned toward him and cried out in Aramaic, ‘Rabboni!’ (which means Teacher).”
- Revelation 1:18, “I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever!"
2.) It demonstrates you are precious to God.
- John 15:15, Jesus said, “I no longer call you servants,… Instead, I have called you friends.”
- Jeremiah 31:3, “The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying: ‘I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness.”
3.) It requires an answer.
- John 20:17-18, “Jesus said, ‘Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’” Mary Magdalene went to the disciples with the news: ‘I have seen the Lord!’ And she told them that he had said these things to her.”
- Revelation 3:20-22, “Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.”
- John 10:27-28, “My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish.”