Palm Sunday 2021, When Jesus Comes
IN HIS PRESENCE
Part 1: When Jesus Comes
- Mark 11:9, “Those who went ahead and those who followed shouted, ‘Hosanna!’ ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!’”
1.) The Roman soldiers were present.
- Matthew 27:27-29, "Then the governor's soldiers... stripped him and put a scarlet robe on him, and then twisted together a crown of thorns and set it on his head. They... mocked him.”
2.) The miracle seekers were present.
- John 12:9, "a large crowd of Jews found out that Jesus was there and came, not only because of him but also to see Lazarus…"
- John 12:18, "Many people, because they had heard that he had given this miraculous sign, went out to meet him.”
- John 6:30, “So they asked him, ‘What miraculous sign then will you give that we may see it and believe you? What will you do?’”
3.) The religious elite were present.
- John 12:19, "The Pharisees said to one another, “See, this is getting us nowhere. Look how the whole world has gone after him!”
- Ezekiel 34:2-3
- Isaiah 56:11
4.) The true seekers were present.
- John 12:20-21, "Now there were some Greeks among those who went up to worship at the Feast. They came to Philip, who was from Bethsaida in Galilee, with a request. “Sir,” they said, “we would like to see Jesus.”
- John 4:23-24