Philippians 2: 5-11
5Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
6Who, being in very nature God,
Did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
7But made himself nothing,
Taking the very nature of a servant,
Being made in human likeness.
8And being found in appearance as a man,
He humbled himself
And became obedient to death—
Even death on a cross!
9Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
And gave him the name that is above every name,
10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
In heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11And every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
To the glory of God the Father.
1. What does “being in very nature God” mean in vs. 6?
2. What does it mean to “take the nature of a servant”? (vs. 7)
3. What does it mean that he “became obedient to death”? (vs. 8)
4. The passage says that God “exalted him to the highest place.” (vs. 9) What does that mean? How did God exalt Jesus?
5. After answering the first 4 questions, summarize the passage in your own words.
6. Verse 5 says that our attitude should be the same as Christ’s attitude. What was his attitude that we should copy?
7. What is the point of having the same attitude as Jesus? (see vs. 10-11)
8. How do we copy that attitude?