False Life -- True Wisdom
James 3:13-18 – 13 If you are wise and understand God’s ways, prove it by living an honorable life, doing good works with the humility that comes from wisdom. 14 But if you are bitterly jealous and there is selfish ambition in your heart, don’t cover up the truth with boasting and lying. 15 For jealousy and selfishness are not God’s kind of wisdom. Such things are earthly, unspiritual, and demonic. 16 For wherever there is jealousy and selfish ambition, there you will find disorder and evil of every kind. 17 But the wisdom from above is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and the fruit of good deeds. It shows no favoritism and is always sincere. 18 And those who are peacemakers will plant seeds of peace and reap a harvest of righteousness. (New Living Translation)
What Is the Motive of This False Wisdom?
• Two motives of the heart
1. Bitter __________________________
2. Selfish _________________________
Galatians 5:19-21 – 19 When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, 21 envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. . . . (New Living Translation)
• A bragging heart ____________________
1. A bragging heart lies to ______________________
2. A bragging heart lies to ___________________________
What Is the Source of This False Wisdom?
• It is not from ____________________
• It is ______________________
1. This wisdom springs from earthly ___________________
2. This wisdom acts upon earthly _________________
3. This wisdom is intent upon serving earthly purposes
• It is ________________________________
1. This wisdom indulges the _________________________
2. This wisdom relies on _______________________ instead of spirituality
• It is __________________________
John 10:10 – The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life. (New Living Translation)
The greatest act of foolishness ever shown was by Satan.
What Is the Harm of This False Wisdom?
• Jealousy and selfishness produces ____________________
1 Corinthians 14.33 – For God is not a God of disorder but of peace, . . .
• Jealousy and selfishness produces every kind of _________
The wisdom that comes from hell will get us no where in heaven!