Acts 8 - Philip's Evangelism to an Ethiopian
Catch That Chariot!
In God’s value system, it matters not whether one’s preaches to hundreds in a city or one in the desert. Faithfulness to call is the only issue.
“Candace” (kan-dak˒a) seems to have been a dynastic title of the queen of Ethiopia
2. Contact With the Target
SUPPORTING IDEA: When a willing Christian communicates the gospel to a prepared listener, spiritual miracles take place.
• God can do amazing things through an available layperson.
• Every believer should be ready to explain the gospel.
• The good news about Jesus is not limited to any ethnic or cultural group.
• All service for the Lord must be engendered and empowered by his Spirit.
• Be ready to go any place for God at any time.
• Know your Bible well, and grow in your ability to use it.
• Don’t minimize the importance of the Old Testament. Instead, know how to find Christ there as often as possible.
• Be ready to catch your chariot whenever and wherever it comes along.