7 Ways to please God
God Is In Constant Pursuit of Relationships.
The Bible is a relationship manual. The Scriptures are full of people that did not know how to get along with God. Isaiah 1:18 says, “Come now, and let us reason together…though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow.” God wants to be a part of the healing and the restoration of our life. God Had A Son But He Wanted A Family; He Sowed His Son To Create His Family. The purpose of any relationship is completion...addition. Somebody has something you are missing.
“Come now, and let us reason together,” Says the Lord, “Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool.
God Holds The Missing Pieces of Your Life.
Make a commitment to God. He made one to you in the Person of His Son, Jesus Christ. Calvary was commitment. The Blood and Cross of Jesus was commitment. Gethsemane was commitment. Getting along with God will require spending time in His Presence. The Price of God’s Presence Is Time…In It.
7 Things That Are Truly Important To God…
1) His Word. The Word of God Is The Wisdom of God. If you are going to get along with God, you are going to have to know what He says. Read The Word of God. Memorize The Word of God. Live The Word of God. Believe The Word of God.
Hosea 4:6 New King James Version (NKJV)
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also will reject you from being priest for Me; Because you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children.
6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.
Because you have rejected knowledge,
I also will reject you from being priest for Me;
Because you have forgotten the law of your God,
I also will forget your children.
2) Servanthood. Treat those around you equal to the way you treat yourself or the way you would want to be treated. Servanthood is raising another person to a higher standard.
Luke 10:25-28 New King James Version (NKJV)
The Parable of the Good Samaritan
25 And behold, a certain [a]lawyer stood up and tested Him, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?”
26 He said to him, “What is written in the law? What is your reading of it?”
27 So he answered and said, “ ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,’ and ‘your neighbor as yourself.’ ”
28 And He said to him, “You have answered rightly; do this and you will live.”
3) Obedience. Never Expect God To Respect Your Prayers When You Have Ignored His Instructions.
1. Jesus Calls Us to Obedience
In Jesus Christ we find the perfect model of obedience. As his disciples, we follow Christ's example as well as his commands. Our motivation for obedience is love:
If you love me, you will keep my commandments. (John 14:15, ESV)
2. Obedience Is an Act of Worship
While the Bible places strong emphasis on obedience, it's critical to remember that believers are not justified (made righteous) by our obedience. Salvation is a free gift of God, and we can do nothing to merit it. True Christian obedience flows from a heart of gratitude for the grace we have received from the Lord:
And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him. (Romans 12:1, NLT)
3. God Rewards Obedience
Over and over again we read in the Bible that God blesses and rewards obedience:
"And through your descendants all the nations of the earth w
ill be blessed—all because you have obeyed me." (Genesis 22:18, NLT)
Now if you will obey me and keep my covenant, you will be my own special treasure from among all the peoples on earth; for all the earth belongs to me. (Exodus 19:5, NLT)
4) Protocol. Every Environment Requires A Code of Conduct For Entering or Remaining In It. Honoring the rules of the house is important to God. The Book of Ezekiel refers to it as The Law of the House. (See Ezekiel 43:12.) The purpose of protocol and procedure is to convey importance and identify Difference.
Ezekiel 43:12 Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)
12 This is the law of the house [of the Lord]: The whole area round about on the top of the mountain [a][Mount Moriah] shall be most holy, separated, and set apart. Behold, this is the law of the house [of the Lord].
5) Love. The most powerful force in the world is love. (See 1 Corinthians 13:13.) Love breaks through barricades. To love someone is to place high value on them.
1 Corinthians 13:13 New International Version (NIV)
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
6) Worship. Songs of worship please The Holy Spirit. (See Psalm 100:2.) Worship through singing. Build your day around singing in The Spirit. Sing The Word of God aloud. Let His Word cleanse you as you sing it.
Psalm 100:2 New International Version (NIV)
Worship the Lord with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
7) Faith. Don’t you appreciate it when others trust you? Don’t you feel humiliated and a bit angry when they show lack of trust? Then you know how God feels about your faith in Him! God wants you to believe every word He speaks to you. Your faith pleases Him.
2 Chronicles 20:20 New International Version (NIV)
20 Early in the morning they left for the Desert of Tekoa. As they set out, Jehoshaphat stood and said, “Listen to me, Judah and people of Jerusalem! Have faith in the Lord your God and you will be upheld; have faith in his prophets and you will be successful.”
Matthew 21:21-22 New International Version (NIV)
21 Jesus replied, “Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done. 22 If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.”