Gods word will not return void
Introduction: Isaiah 55:11
11 So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.
One thing I want each of you to get a hold of is God's Word is a powerful thing. When witnessing to others give them the Word and the Word will change people, we do not need to and the Word will change us.
Lets take a look at what it can do.
I) When God’s word is preached.
A. We as Christians need to be a testimony for the unsaved as well as the saved.
1. Some times we will never know that a simple word spoken may have changed some one’s life.
B. Hebrews 4:12, For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
1. His word is like rain and snow that water the earth and help give it abundant vegetation. In the Near East dry hard ground can seemingly overnight sprout with vegetation after the first rains of the rainy season. Similarly when God speaks His Word, it brings forth spiritual life, thus accomplishing His purpose. (Taken from the Bible Knowledge Comm.)
II) It will never come back void. That is something we can count on.
A. When it rains in a desert place, it seems to be lost it does not puddle up and it seems lost.
1. There are underground streams and oases all through the desserts.
B. But it does go out to accomplish God's purpose.
1. Romans 10:14, How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
2. People have to hear the Word in order for them to change to the good.
III) His word will accomplish what He pleases.
A. God pleases that all will come to know Christ as Savior.
C. If people will listen to God's Word, the Word will change people.
1. The best part about this is we don’t have to worry about changing our selves. God does the changing with the power of the Holy Spirit, which is in us.
a) It magic, the Word changes lives.
2. All we have to do is be in the Word learning.
3. That is why it is so important to do our devotions, read the Bible, go to church and Bible Studies.
C. The Word of God is a revelation of supernatural though.
1. Romans 1:16, For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
2. Psalm 119:130 The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.
D. Individual hearing creates individual responsibility, and hence leaves no one in the same place. (Taken from Biblical Illustrator)
In Conclusion: Matthew 24:35, Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. You can take that to the Bank.
God's Word is here to stay, we can count on it to change lives. We read in;
1 Thessalonians 2:13, For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.
The Word will change lives. It can change you and everyone we come into contact with.
Sunday morning Biker Service 1/8/06
Thursday night Bible Study Beals 1/12/06