All About Jesus (LHCOC)
All about Jesus
1. Our lesson today is entitled: All about Jesus.
2. Jesus is by far the greatest man who ever lived.
a. His birth was the greatest of any man (Isa.9:6).
b. His life was the greatest ever lived (Heb.4:15).
c. His teaching was the greatest of any (Matt. 7:28, 29).
d. His death was the greatest of any (Rom.5:6-8).
3. On two different occasions Jesus asked the following questions:
a. To the Pharisees he would ask, “What do you think of the Christ, and who’s Son is He”?
b. To His disciples he would ask, “Who do you say that I am”?
4. As we begin our lesson today, we may ask a similar question:
a. “Who is Jesus to you”? Obviously He means something to you or you would not be here.
b. The point of our message today is to simply speak of Jesus in a way that would convince us to appreciate, serve, and obey Him in our life.
I. JESUS LEFT IT ALL
A. Jesus existed before the world was created (Jn.1:1-3).
B. Jesus’ birth was foretold hundreds of years before He was born (Mt.1:23).
C. Jesus did not consider Himself too good for the job (Phil.2:5-7).
II. JESUS PAID IT ALL
A. Jesus humbly paid the price (Phil.2:8).
B. Jesus died for everyone (Heb.2:9).
C. Jesus’ death was the perfect sacrifice (Heb.10:10-14).
III. JESUS GIVES IT ALL
A. Jesus gives us access to the father (Jn.14:6).
B. Jesus’ perfect sacrifice and ascension into heaven allows Him to intercede for us (Rom.8:31-34).
C. Jesus pleads our case for us (1 Jn.2:1-2).
IV. JESUS OFFERS IT ALL
A. Jesus’ invitation is open to all (Mt.11:28-30).
B. Jesus does not leave anyone out (Gal.3:26-29).
C. Jesus does not want you to miss out (Rev.22:17).
1. While our message has been “all about Jesus,” I hope we all see everything that Jesus did was not for Himself, but for us, sinners in need of a Savior.
2. Praise be to God to give the world a second chance, praise be to Jesus for leaving heaven to die for His enemies, praise be to the spirit for His inspiration to guide the apostles into all truth so that we may know about Jesus through the written word.
3. What will you do with Jesus, the question comes to you. He did His part, will you do what He asks of you (Jn.14:6; Jn.8:24; Mt.10:32-33; Lk.13:3; Mk.16:16; Rev.2;10)?