Formed and Transformed
Formed & Transformed
Sunday May 11, 2008
· A Special Day!
· Scripture Passages Rom 12:1-2; 2Co 3:17-18; Gal 4:19
People Are Formed – HOW Formed
People are Story Makers – WHAT Formed
Meaning è Story è Heart
The Christian Life is a Process of Being Formed
· Notice the ‘Family’ Language
It is Assumed that we are Wrongly Formed
· Con-formed to the Wrong Things
God is Actively Transforming People
· Activity of the Spirit
The Power of a New Model
· Spirit Shows Jesus, Transforms to Be Like Jesus
The Power of a New Experience
· Story-Making – New Chapter Changes Whole Book
The Power of a New Idea – Renewing Mind
· Deeper than Behaviour and Statement of Belief
God’s Agenda – Who Are You Becoming?
· Making the Main Thing the Main Thing!
|Take it Home! How are you like your parents? Unlike them?What are some of your most formative experiences?What is one of the best choices you ever made? The worst? The most important?Can you think of a time when a new experience resulted in seeing life differently?Jesus taught a “way of life” that is extremely attractive. Forgive freely, love everyone including your enemies, trust God rather than worry. Is it possible to live like this? Who have you seen who does, at least to some extent?Who would you like to BE in five years? Take It Home – Take this home and use these questions to think about the ideas shared today. It is even better if you can use these questions in a conversation with someone else.|