Today we're going to continue on t subject of t VISION OF T CHURCH. Part of that vision is COMMITMENT to t Tabernacle Family Church. A COMMITMENT is a pledge or promise to do something. To COMMIT to do something means to do or practice something & it will become a continuous habit. PSA 37:5_
I don't have any doubt that God wants us committed to a church. I'm not saying that we have to give our lives to this local church, But what I am saying is that we have to give our lives to t Lord Jesus Christ & live for Him. We should commit to Him & to t things that He wants us to do!
DEUT 11:22‑23 In this V He says to, "diligently walk & cleave to His WAYS." Then we'll be blessed. That sounds like commitment to me.
DEUT 19:9 (T word "ever" means "always") Again that's commitment. There are many scriptures that say t same thing, we don't need to go over each of them.
There are 5 areas that we ask t people of t Tabernacle Family Church to be committed to; PRAYER, ATTENDANCE, INVOLVEMENT, FINANCES, & WITNESSING.
I. 1st of all PRAYER!
A. I'm not just talking about your own prayer life.
1. But make a commitment to pray for t church that t Lord has put in.
2. T church needs your prayers. ‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑ (nothing is going to happen unless someone prays)
B. Now what are t things that we need to pray for?
a. PSA 32:8 God said that He will INSTRUCT, TEACH, & GUIDE, but we need someone to ask.
b. (Pro 3:5‑6) Says, "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. (6) In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."
a. JAM 1:5
a. HEB 13:17‑18_
b. You need to pray for all t leaders in t church.
i. From t Pastor to Nursery workers. Everywhere
4. Pray for t people of t Tabernacle Family Church.
a. JAMES 5:16
II. So t 1st area of commitment is prayer for t Church, t 2nd is ATTENDANCE.
A. HEB 10:25
1. That doesn't just mean going to church once every few months.
a. To me that's forsaking the assembly.
b. How did they do it in t Bible?
2. ACTS 2:46
a. They were coming to church daily. Every day coming together to get fed on t God's Word, every day coming together to worship God, Every day coming together to pray.
b. Why do we have 3 services a weak?
c. Is a person out of God's will if they don't go to church?
i. Most definitely yes.
III. So far I am asking you & I know that t Lord is asking t same thing, for you to be committed to PRAYER, ATTENDANCE & INVOLVEMENT._
A. EPH 4:11‑12
1. T word "work" here means, "(to work); toil (as an effort) by implication, an act: ‑deed, doing, labour, work".
a. All of us need to be involved in some area. Every single one of us.
b. What have you committed to do for t Lord?
c. I have t hardest time w/ people who just want a free ride. (never having to do anything.)
i. But 1/2 of t Christians in t Body of Christ are looking for just that, a FREE RIDE.
2. JAMES 1:22‑25
a. T Lord has given us all something to do & some of us He's given us many things to do.
b. Just coming to church does not count as doing something.
c. If a person doesn't keep going on w/ t Lord they're backsliding.
d. I've heard people say, "I'm not going to church tonight, I'm going to stay home & watch T.V.
i. That's an offence to t Lord.
IV. So far we have PRAYER, ATTENDANCE, INVOLVEMENT, & FINANCES.
A. 2CO 9:6‑7_
1. It takes FINANCES to preach t Gospel.
2. T reason why we give is not only is it for t Gospel sake, it also for our sake & your brothers sake.
B. JOSH 7:1 "Accursed", means "Dedicated thing, devoted (thing)".
1. Achan took one of t things that was to go to God.
2. V. 2‑14, 20‑26_
a. Thank God we're under Grace now, we're not going to stone anyone.
b. But just because we're under Grace doesn't mean that we can disobey God.
V. Alright we have PRAYER, ATTENDANCE, INVOLVEMENT, FINANCES, & #5 WITNESS.
A. ACT 1:8
1. Just by living a Godly life you will be a witness for t Lord Jesus Christ.
2. But there's even more than that, you need to go out & witness, tell people about Jesus.
B. MAT 28:19‑20
1. (Mark 16:15‑18) says, "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. (16) He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. (17) And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; (18) They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."
2. We've been given t great commission, to preach Gospel to every creature.
CONCLUSION: Sure I'm asking you to commit to these things, but what is really important is that t Lord is asking you to commit to PRAYING for t CHURCH, ATTENDANCE w/ t CHURCH, INVOLVEMENT in t CHURCH , YOUR FINANCES to t CHURCH, & WITNESSING for t LORD.
JUNE 2, 1990