The Blood and the Glory #9
You were going to continue our teaching on "The Blood and the Glory."
I) Turn to Psalms 107:2.
A) Here it says, "But the redeemed of the Lord say so." But what are we redeemed from?
1) (Galatians 3:13-14) says, "Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: 14That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith."
(a) Here it says Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, but what is the curse of the law.
(b) According to (Deuteronomy 28) the curse of the law is "POVERTY, SICKNESS, and DEATH."
2) Not only are we redeemed from the curse, but we are also redeemed to receive the blessings of Abraham.
(a) What are the blessings of Abraham? Prosperity, health, and justification.
(i) All this came through the redemptive work of the Lord Jesus Christ.
B) Look at 1st Peter 1:18-19.
1) Our redemption and salvation did not come by silver and gold. It did not come by how much we put in the offering place it did not come by how good we are and it did not come by all our good works.
(a) (Ephesians 2:8-9) says, "For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast."
(b) Salvation and justification comes through faith alone, faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
(i) Now that we are saved, we do give and now that we are saved, we do good works. But salvation came entirely through the work of the Lord Jesus Christ.
C) Back in our opening verse (Psalms 107:2), which says, "Let the redeemed of the Lord say so."
1) We are to say something, we are to say that we are redeemed, but redeemed from what, "THE CURSE." And HOW? BY THE BLOOD OF JESUS.
2) What are we to say? “I am redeemed from the curse by the blood of Jesus."
(a) THIS IS PLEADING THE BLOOD OF JESUS.
II) We need to go back and look at the old-timers in Pentecost to see how they had such success in claiming, pleading, and applying the blood of Jesus. HOW DID THEY DO IT?
A) Well, there was a prerequisite common to all of them.
1) 1st, they have strong faith in the blood.
2) 2nd, they believed that they had the right to use the power in the blood by faith.
3) And 3rd, they recognize they needed to operate from a cleansed position.
(a) Romans 3:24-25.
(i) What I wanted you to see here is that we have redemption, which means REDEEMED FROM POVERTY, SICKNESS, AND DEATH THROUGH FAITH IN HIS BLOOD.
(b) Hebrews 11:28.
(i) Here it says that Moses kept the Passover by faith, but it also says that he applied the blood by faith for divine protection.
(c) 1st Peter 1:2.
(i) Let me read it to you from the Amplified translation, "PETER, AN apostle (a special messenger) of Jesus Christ, [writing] to the elect exiles of the dispersion scattered (sowed) abroad in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, 2 Who were chosen and foreknown by God the Father and consecrated (sanctified, made holy) by the Spirit to be obedient to Jesus Christ (the Messiah) and to be sprinkled with [His] blood:"
(d) They knew exactly what the phrase "Sprinkling of the blood" meant.
(i) The blood of an animal could not just be slain and that's blood poured out. There has to be a sprinkling of the blood or it was of none affect.
(ii) In other words, the blood had to be applied to be effective, just as it had to be applied to the doorpost when Israel was still in Egypt.
(iii) In (Exodus 24:8) Moses took the blood and sprinkled it on the people and said, "Behold the blood of the covenant, which the Lord has made with you."
4) Turn to Revelation 12:11.
(a) This is the "HOW TO" scripture. How to have victory.
(i) Apply to blood by faith and sprinkle it anywhere there is evidence of pressure, tension or any kind of Satanic effort to overthrow the Will of God.
III) Turn to 1st Peter 5:8-9.
A) (James 4:7) says basically the same thing, "Resist the Devil and he will flee."
1) When the Devil comes in and tries to attack, the Bible says we are to resist him, but how?
(a) By ignoring the problem? By murmuring and crying about it? By pretending it's not there? NO.
2) By holding the blood of Jesus against him in faith until you see the victory.
(a) Don't give up. (Galatians 6:9) says, "Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faith not."
(i) The more stubborn Satan is, the more earnest and persistent you must be.
(ii) Paul said in the book of the Ephesians, "When you've done all to stand, stand therefore."
(b) Keep applying the blood of Jesus without giving up.
B) Problems in our century are not more powerful than the blood of Jesus.
1) In the area that you have authority; like in your life, in the lives of your children; for employers, in the lives of their employees; for Pastors, in the lives of their flock, any stronghold of Satan can be destroyed by holding the blood of Jesus upon it.
2) In 1994 and in the years before that Patti and I would pray with the kids every night and we would plead the blood of Jesus over our family and everybody at the Church.
(a) When the Northridge earthquake hit not one person in the Church was injured even though my parents lived in the epicenter they were not injured in the slightest.
(b) We lived only a couple miles away in a big mirror flew across our bedroom and a TV in the same room flew off the tall dresser. Charissa had a glass fish tank shatter in her room, but no one was hurt even in the slightest.
(c) No one in the Church was hurt and nothing happened to church building or its belongings.
3) Parents use the blood of Jesus against the demon of drugs or whatever and hold the blood of Jesus against that demonic activity until he flees.
(a) Rise up and say, "In the name of Jesus I hold the blood of Jesus against you demons of drugs or whatever. Jesus defeated you and now in his name I hold his blood against you and you have to flee."
(b) Applied the blood in faith.
C) The old-timers did it to gain the victory and you can do it because it's the Word of God.
W. O. L. C. C. Sunday, December 31, 2000.