Spirit of Excellence # 3
We’re going to continue on the “Spirit and Ministry of Excellence.” We been looking at this for 2 weeks, I don’t know how long we’re going to stay on this, but 1 thing I do know is that we’re going to stay on it as long as God want’s us to.
A. I think God is really leading us to a higher walk with Him.
1. As we enter into that walk it will mean a greater anointing in our lives to minister the Word of God to the people that we come in contact with,
a. A greater anointing in the Church,
b. It will also mean a greater anointing in doing what we are supposed to do. Like in our Job.
i. We have to remember that if God has called us to do something, then there will be anointing that goes along with it.
c. Along with the increase in anointing of God in our lives means more of Jesus in our lives.
i. Which means more and greater victory.
2. In order for us to walk in that anointing, it means a greater commitment on our part.
a. Part of that commitment is “Walking in Excellence.”
i. A lack of excellence can quench the move of the Spirit of God and stop the anointing.
b. When I say “Excellence,” I’m not talking about “Ability,” but I’m talking about giving our best to the Lord.
i. By us not giving our best to the Lord can stop or hinder the move of the Spirit of God.
II. In (Matthew 5:48) Jesus said, “Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.” KJV
A. “Perfect” means “to carry through completely, to accomplish, finish, bring to an end.”
1. This is part of the Excellence that we need to have.
a. Paul says in (Ephesians 4:1) “I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called.” KJV
b. “Vocation” would be better translated “Calling.”
i. What Paul is saying is that we should fulfill the calling or the things that God has given us to do, in a good and suitable way.
B. One of the steps that should be taken in fulfilling the call or service to the Lord and doing it with Excellence is DEDICATION.
1. Dedication is making a quality decision to do something, and not turning back, but bringing it to completion in a good and suitable way.
2. The main part of our Dedication should be that we are Dedicated to be Pleasing to the Father.
a. If your dedicated to fulfilling that you can’t go wrong.
C. The 2nd step that we need to take to have the Spirit of Excellence is to have SINGLENESS OF PURPOSE.
1. James says in (James 1:6-8) “But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. 7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. 8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.” KJV
a. “A double minded man” is someone that is “Wavering, uncertain, doubting, divided in interest.”
i. James says that this man will not receive anything from the Lord.
b. If you’re wavering, doubting, and divided in interest, you’re not walking in excellence.
i. Don’t hesitate to step out in faith.
ii. If what ever you’re doing is flowing, if those that are led by the Spirit of the Lord and know the Lord, are telling you that you’re anointed in that area. GOOD!
iii. If not, you need to step back and take a look to find out if God is really in this.
2. Fear is 1 of the biggest areas that will cause a person to be double minded.
a. You need to resist the fear and step out in faith.
III. The 3rd step in having a Spirit of Excellence is to “Follow the Leadership of the HS.”
A. JOHN 16:13
1. Notice in that V it says that the Spirit of Truth will Guide you and then He goes on to say that He will show you things to come.
a. There are going to be many times that you need the wisdom of God, you just don’t know what to do.
2. I like the story that Kenneth Copeland tells about a woman that was in his meeting who prophesied and was deaf.
a. You can’t have true excellence, without being led by the Spirit of God.
b. For you to receive the leading of the HS you need to spend time in prayer and in the Word.
i. You can’t be spending all your time in doing the things of this life, especially when you’re going to be ministering to some one.
ii. The HS can speak to us any time, but the time that we’re the most sensitive to the HS, is when we’re in prayer or in the Word, or right after that.
B. If your coming to church, you need to be led by the Spirit of God.
1. If you’re an Usher or a greater someone might come in that needs something from the Lord, and you can minister to them. Without them ever telling you what the problem is.
a. Or maybe it’s someone that comes in to start trouble in the church.
i. You need to be led by the Spirit of God, in this case it would be to pray, or to come and tell me.
2. When you’re sensitive to the HS, you don’t have to look for someone to minister to, the HS will led you.
a. Many times you wont even know that you are there to minister to them.
i. You don’t have to force the HS, or force His leadings.
ii. They’ll be there if you’re prayed up and in the Word.
3. Turn with me to JOHN 7:37-39
a. Jesus in referring to the HS, said that it’s in your belly that the HS will begin to do something.
i. And what he does has something to do with bringing life.
C. Now turn to ROM 8:16
1. The words “Beareth witness” here means “Testifies unto” or “Speaks to us.”
a. When the HS Speaks to us and we obey it, it will bring life (The living water). It will bring God’s will and God’s blessings.
b. We need to be led by the HS to walk in excellence.
i. It doesn’t matter if it’s on your job, while driving your car, in church, or in the pulpit, listening to the voice of the HS and obeying His voice will bring excellence to our life.
ii. JOHN 14:26
a. Without the leading of HS you will be limited in what God is trying to teach you and He will not be able to bring things back to your remembrance.
2. When we’re obedient to the voice of the Spirit it’s pleasing to the Father.
a. Only when we’re doing what is pleasing to the Father are we walking in excellence.
3. If we want God’s blessings, His best, and His Anointing, we have to walk in excellence.
a. Not excellence according to the world’s standards, but excellence according to the Word of God.
b. Be Dedicated to do what is the most pleasing to the Father.
i. Have that SINGLENESS OF PURPOSE. In other words “Don’t Waver.”
ii. And be led by the Spirit of God.
WOLCC Sun AM 5/5/96