Soaring with Eagles#1
In this half-hour message, I'm going to begin teaching on weariness and how to combat it. We need to tap into the Lord strength and we need to understand what the scripture means by "Mount up with wings of Eagles."
I) In these verses, we just read it says, "He giveth power to the faint and to them that have no might he increases strength." (Verse 29).
A) One of the things that we need to learn is that our own strength is limited.
1) You might remember the words from (Zechariah 4:6) which says, "Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.”
(a) There are many obstacles, hindrances, and storms that we are not able to overcome in our own strength or power.
(i) We need God's help. We can't have victory over Satan and his evil forces without God being on our side and without His power and strength.
B) Sometimes when were in the midst of the battle we grow tired and weary. Sometimes we get so weary and that we just feel like giving up.
1) But no matter how long a battle is God never grows weary.
(a) Back in our main text (Isaiah 40:28) it says, "The everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary."
(b) God never grows tired, never becomes weary, and his never week.
C) He has unlimited strength and unlimited wisdom.
1) Throughout the Word of God he's referred to as "ALMIGHTY."
(a) In (Revelation 1:8) it says, "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."
(b) This word "Almighty" literally means "omnipotent." (Or all-powerful).
2) Even in our main text in Isaiah 40:28. (Turn there and read).
(a) The end of that verse literally means that no one can fathom the understanding and wisdom of our Lord.
(i) The Angels before the throne of God would worship God by saying, "Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honor, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever." (Revelation 7:12).
(b) Turn to James 1:5.
(i) Sometimes we feel that we don't have what it takes to get the job done. But James says to ask God for the wisdom and understanding and he will give it to you liberally.
(ii) In (1st Corinthians 2:16) it says, "We have the mind of Christ."
D) God will strengthen those who way upon Him.
1) (Isaiah 40:30-31a) says, "Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: 31But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength."
II) 2 Different types of weariness:
A) The 1st is weariness in the body.
1) All of us have felt Burnt out, quitting, or just giving up.
(a) Galatians 6:9.
(b) Paul says don't be weary in your well doing. That would include your job, raising your kids, serving the Lord, or serving in church.
B) The 2nd area of weariness is in the mind.
1) That would include wrong thinking, wrong attitudes, taking on burdens, cares, overloaded, worries, fears, and anxieties.
III) But the question is how do we get out of those things that are bombarding our minds and bodies.
A) Isaiah 40:31.
1) "TO WAIT,” means, "To expect, to anticipate, to look eagerly for, to hope, or to trust in."
2) "TO WAIT" also means "TO MINISTER UNTO."
(a) Those who minister unto the Lord who look expectantly to Him, and to wait upon him, shall renew their strength.
(b) Faith is very much involved in getting your strength renewed. But you can't forget the second half and that is to wait upon the Lord, to get in his presence.
IV) In (Isaiah 40:31) it says, that those who wait upon the Lord shall mount up with wings as Eagles.
A) An Eagle has the ability to fly toward the storm, catch the current of that storm, and fly right over the top of it.
1) A believer can rise above the storms of life if he or she will be consistent in prayer and in the Word, spending time in God's presence and by standing in faith.
B) And Eagle has tremendous eyesight to be able to see things clearly at a great distance.
1) A believer who learns to wait upon the Lord has the ability to see things from God's viewpoint.
W. O. L. C. C. adults Sunday school Sunday August 19th 2001 from victory Christian center’s cell groups book 5 page 46 lesson 42 "Soaring with Eagles #1"