We’ve been ministering on the subject of “Absolute Victory.” Today I’m going to be sharing with you on the subject of the Year of Jubilee. As we get into this teaching you’ll see that victory does belong to you and that you’re going to walk in it.
I) I guess the most asked question is “What does the year of Jubilee mean?”
A) It’s a time of BLESSING AND RESTORATION that is coming to Israel but it’s not just for Israel alone, but it also has a great deal of significance for believers.
1) Turn with me to Leviticus 25:8-9.
a) In these two Vs. we can see that Jubilee comes and is celebrated every 49 years. Jubilee lasts for one year, which means that it goes into the 50th year.
(i) These Vs. also tell us when Jubilee begins it starts on the Day of Atonement on the 49 year.
b) For Israel, this was October 1997.
(i) This was NOT Israel’s first Jubilee, but it is the first Jubilee since the restoration of Israel as a nation in 1948.
B) Israel is actually God’s prophetic time clock.
1) Whenever God moves, he moves with Israel first and then in the Church.
a) Israel began their Jubilee on the Day of Atonement on the 49 year. And as we said, for Israel, this was October 1997.
2) But, according to God’s plan, ours begins after their finishes in October 1998.
a) Our Jubilee for the Church really starts this fall, but because Israel’s Jubilee has already begun, we to are already experiencing some of the blessings of God.
b) In (Galatians 3:8-9) God said to Abraham, who was the first Jew, “In thee shall all nations be blessed. So them they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.”
(i) We are already seeing some of the blessings of Jubilee overflowing onto the Church.
c) But we won’t experience it in the fullness that God has for the Church until October 1998. In other words it fullness will begin this October.
II) Jubilee is a tremendous time of LIBERTY AND RESTORATION. It is a time of great blessings.
A) In this same chapter of Leviticus that we started in reveals to us SEVEN BLESSINGS found in Jubilee.
B) (Leviticus 25:10) says, “And ye shall hallow the 50th year, and PROCLAIM LIBERTY throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants thereof; it shall be a Jubilee unto you; and ye shall RETURN EVERY MAN UNTO HIS POSSESSION, and ye shall RETURN EVERY MAN UNTO HIS FAMILY.”
1) The FIRST blessing found in Jubilee is LIBERTY TO THE INHABITANTS IN THE LAND.
a) That liberty is a freedom from the bondages that the enemy has tried to place on you.
(i) Those bondages which are being broken would include oppression, it would include the works of the enemy, it would include curses spoken over you, and it even includes generational curses.
(ii) Those bondages are being broken.
(iii) Total liberty is coming your way.
2) The second blessing of Jubilee, also found in this verse, is a RESTORATION OF ALL YOUR POSSESSIONS.
a) All that you lost will be restored.
b) Keep your finger there in Leviticus and turn with me to JOEL 2:23-28.
(i) In this year of Jubilee God will begin to restore everything that the enemy has stolen from you.
(ii) But this verse also declares to us that when God begins to restore His Spirit will begin to be poured out on all flesh.
(a) That means in the year of Jubilee we'll begin to see more of the Glory of God and will see more of God’s miracles.
(b) In this next year expect your miracle, for the Glory of God will begin to manifest like never before in your life and in the Church.
3) The third blessing of Jubilee is that GOD’S PEOPLE WILL RETURN TO THEIR FAMILIES.
a) There’s coming a time of great family unity, a time of family restoration and blessing.
b) In this year begin to start claiming the salvation of your loved ones.
(i) Not only will there be greater family unity and restoration in the family, but there will also be countless numbers of people being restored to the family of God.
C) Look at Leviticus 25:12 it says, “For it is the Jubilee; it shall be holy unto you: YE SHALL EAT THE INCREASE THEREOF OUT OF THE FIELD.”
1) #4. The Jubilee is the time when YOU WILL EAT THE INCREASE OUT OF THE FIELD.
a) It will be a time of great abundance, prosperity.
b) And it’s also a time when God will bring it out of DEBT.
(i) In the year Jubilee Israel was to let their fields rest, no planting or harvesting of the fields.
(ii) But God would supernaturally provide for his people. Expect that supernatural provision and God’s blessings on your finances.
2) But remember, NOW is the time to sow for your supernatural Jubilee harvest.
D) Leviticus 25:14 says, “And if thou sell ought unto thy neighbor, or buyest ought of thy neighbor’s hand, YE SHALL NOT OPPRESS ONE ANOTHER.”
1) #5. The Jubilee is the time when OPPRESSION WILL CEASE in and among God’s people.
2) The enemy will not be able to oppression you any longer but also man will not be able to bring oppression upon you. You’ll be free from oppression.
E) (Leviticus 25:17) says, “Ye shall not therefore oppress one another; but THOU SHALT FEAR THY GOD: FOR I AM THE LORD YOUR GOD.”
1) #6. In the year to Jubilee there will be a renewed reverence for God and we will receive a fresh REVELATION OF WHO HE IS.
a) We’ll begin to have a fresh awakening of the power of God.
b) The problems that we see in our lives we’ll begin to realize that they’re not solved by might nor power but by my spirit says the Lord.
(i) Will begin to have a renewed trust in Almighty God.
F) (Leviticus 25:19) says, “And the land shall YIELD HER FRUIT, and YE SHALL EAT YOUR FILL, and DWELL THEREIN IN SAFETY.”
1) #7. The Jubilee is a time when everything that you PUT YOUR HAND TO WILL BE BLESSED. It will yield its fruit.
a) It is also a time where YOU WILL BE SATISFIED. You’ll eat your fill.
b) It is also a time of GREAT BLESSING AND PROTECTION.
III) The Word of God is clear. Everything God does, HE DOES TO THE JEW FIRST.
A) In (Romans 1:16) it declares that the preaching of God’s Word would go “TO THE JEW FIRST AND ALSO TO THE GREEK.”
1) When Jesus was teaching the twelve disciples in (Matthew 10:6), he first sent them to “the lost house of Israel.”
a) But in (verse 5), He commanded them not to preach the Gospel to the Gentiles or Samaritans, but to the “LOST SHEEP OF THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL.”
b) Later in (Matthew 28:19) the Lord released them to, “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations.”
(i) In (ACTS 1:8) we see Him sending His followers to the “uttermost part of the earth.”
(ii) But first the Gospel was preached to the Jews.
B) Another principle we find in the Bible that is important for us today is that the NATURAL PRECEDES THE SPIRITUAL.
1) In (1 Corinthians 15:46 NIV) it says, “The spiritual did not come first, but the natural, and after that the spiritual.”
a) According to the scripture, Israel is the natural and the Church is the spiritual.
2) God always begins each plan first with Israel, whether they except it or reject it, whether they understand it or not.
a) Then He repeats that plan in the Church.
b) So today, as we watch Israel celebrating their 50th year as a nation, their Jubilee, we know our Jubilee is coming and even has already begun to some degree.
IV) When you will I were saved we met Jesus in the revelation of Him as Saviour.
A) And He continues to reveal himself as we walk with the Lord.
1) He also comes to us as our Saviour and Baptizer in the Holy Spirit, as Sanctifier, as Healer, as Deliverer and much more.
2) For the believer, Jubilee is the revelation of Christ as total Deliverer.
a) And I believe that God is about to bring you into the fullness of His liberty, into His Jubilee. But be ready for it.
b) You are coming into liberty from all bondage, debt, and oppression. Get ready for this fulfillment in your life.
B) Now is the time for you and I as believers to prepare for our Jubilee, not only in prayer, but also in giving to the work of God as never before.
1) When the Jubilee harvest begins I don’t want to miss out on it. I believe it’s going to be the greatest harvest time in the history of the Church.
2) You’ll begin to walk in the promises of (Deuteronomy 28:6), which says, “Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and blessed shalt thou be when thou goest out.”
C) The blessings of Jubilee are yours. Begin to claim your inheritance as a child of God.
1) This is not a time to hold back from God, but it’s a time to press in to the things of God.
2) In these last days, God is going to move through His people to be a great blessing upon the earth.
3) Get ready to be blessed.
WOLCC Sunday, July 12, 1998.