Healing Service # 3
Tonight we're going to continue our teaching on the subject of healing as we have been doing about once every six weeks. Back about a year ago in the middle of a service the Lord told me that we are to start having healing services. I put off for a while but I couldn't let go of what God had said.
I) I kept on reasoning with the Lord saying, "Lord what if I have a healing service and nobody gets healed" or "What if I have a healing service and nobody that is sick comes to meeting?"
A) The Lord assured me that he would be there. And that this was not going to be Randy's healing service anyway. The Lord went on to say that this was his healing service.
1) The Lord went on to remind me that if nobody shows up or nobody gets healed that His business.
2) But the Lord again went on to say, "But if you hold the meetings the people will come and many will be healed."
3) So basically, as those last words that the Lord gave me (people will come and many will be healed) I said, " Alright Lord, I'll hold the meetings."
a) So today, the Lord is going to me healing those that are pressed by the enemy.
II) Christians, who are born-again believers, should expect God to heal their sicknesses today, because sickness is a result of Satan's work when he introduced sin into the world.
A) (1 JOHN 3:8) says, "For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the Devil."
1) Jesus came to this earth to loosen the hold that Satan had on mankind. And one of those works that Jesus came for one sickness.
2) Turn to ACTS 10:38.
a) This verse proves that all sickness and disease that Jesus healed while on earth had been caused by Satan.
(i) It says that Jesus healed all that were oppressed of the Devil.
(ii) Satan is the oppressor and he oppresses with sickness and disease, but Jesus came and die on the cross and rose again the third day to defeat Satan and to destroy (annul the power on) sickness.
III) There is another reason why you should know that Jesus is going to heal you. And that reason is Jesus’ LAST GREAT COMMISSION where he commanded believers to heal the sick.
A) Let's take a look at it MARK 16:17-18.
1) If you are a believer in Christ then you should be able to pray for the sick and when you do He will heal them.
2) Turn with me to the book of James 5:14-15.
a) In the Word of God many times the "ANOINTING WITH OIL" was accompanied by the "GIFTS OF HEALINGS" or the "WORKING OF MIRACLES."
B) In verse 15 it says, "The prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up."
1) When he says, "The prayer of faith shall save the sick." The Word "SAVE" refers to "HEAL." The prayer of faith shall "HEAL THE SICK."
2) Is this part of the Word of God? Of course it is.
a) Then all we have to do is to obey it and we'll receive the fulfillment of His promise, THE SICK WILL BE HEALED.
C) Some have said that this verse in James does not refer to healing.
1) But if you look at in the Greek. And if you compare the words that are used in this verse with the same words that are used throughout the Bible, the only possible conclusion is that Jesus will heal the sick through the prayer of faith.
a) For instance, the Word "SAVE" is the Greek word "SOSEI."
(i) This word comes from the Greek word “Sozo”.
(ii) Every time that this word “Sozo” is used in the same identical tense, it refers to a sick person being made whole.
(iii) James says the prayer of faith shall save the sick. The prayer of faith shall heal the sick.
W. O. L. C. C. Thursday, March 05, 1998 from "Bodily Healing and the Atonement" Reason No. 5 Pp. 41 through 45 Did Not do reason No. 4 pp. 36 through 41.