Giving Birth to a Miracle #6
We’ve been on the subject of the Glory of God for a number of weeks now. Our main V that we’ve been using is 2CHRON 7:14 so let’s turn there.
I) In this V 4 things mentioned are that we need to do for us to see the Glory of God in the Church.
A) 1st he says, “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves.”
1) Pride is 1 thing that will hinder the move of God.
(a) “Pride” is basically thinking of yourself as better than someone else, because of money, Social standing, things you have, or things that you do, even things you don’t do.
(i) Even the things that we do for the Lord can be a source of PRIDE, if it causes us to think of ourselves better than someone else.
(b) Paul said in (Romans 12:3) that we should not think of himself more highly than he ought to think.
(i) (Proverbs 16:18) Says, “Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.” KJV
B) The 2nd thing that is mentioned in (2 CHRON 7:14) is “PRAYER.”
1) For us to see the Glory of God in the Church and in our own personal lives we have to PRAY.
(a) I’m not going to go into this in much detail, but much time is needed in prayer for the Glory of God to come down and for REVIVAL to take place.
2) The 3rd thing mentioned is “SEEKING GOD’S FACE.”
(a) That means through PRAYER, PRAISE, WORSHIP, FELLOWSHIP WITH THE LORD, READING HIS WORD, and ANYTHING ELSE THAT WILL BRING YOU CLOSER TO GOD.
C) The 4th thing mentioned here is “Turn from their wicked ways.”
1) Peter records in (1 Peter 1:16) that God said, “Be ye holy; for I am holy.” KJV
(a) God can not come face to face with sin.
(b) For us to see the Glory of God, we need to get the sin out.
II) For the rest of this message I want to look at bringing God’s glory and His miracles to our personal lives.
A) Last week we talked about how the words that we speak can bring Blessings or it can bring a Curse.
1) Our words can either bring in the miracles of God or they can stop God from moving, and even cause us to be worse off.
(a) Jesus said in (MARK 4:15) that Satan will come and try to steal the Word that was sown in your heart.
(b) When you begin to step out and begin to confess the Word of God, many times Satan will try to bring more problems, trying to get you to stop speaking the Word of God and to start confessing words of defeat.
(i) But 1 thing that you have to remember is that Satan is defeated, and if you continue to do the things of God you will have Victory.
(ii) Satan has no power over you.
B) 1 thing that hinders our faith is a lack of Patience.
1) (Hebrews 6:12) Tells us it’s through faith and patience that we’ll inherit the promises of God.
2) (Mark 4:28) Says, “For the earth bringeth forth fruit of herself; first the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear.” KJV
(a) This is a natural law of growth, but it is also a spiritual law.
3) Many times a miracle takes time before you see it.
(a) Just as Mary was given the Word of God that she was going to give birth to a child, she didn’t see that miracle for another 9 months.
(i) But as she received the Word, conception took place in the womb of her spirit, and because she held on to that Word, 9 months later she gave birth to a miracle.
(ii) If you’ve conceived in your heart God supplying all your needs or that by Jesus striped you are healed, DON’T BE MOVED BY CIRCUMSTANCES.
(iii) You’re going to give birth to a miracle, if you hold on to God’s Word and His promises.
(b) It may not happen over night, but there will be a growth process, 1st the Blade, then the Ear, then the Full Corn in the Ear, then the Miracle comes.
III) Turn with to JOHN 5:1-9
A) You may have read this passage and had the idea that this man was operating in unbelief, but God healed him anyway.
1) God responds to Faith, not unbelief.
(a) In (V 3) John said that there we many sick people there.
(i) Let’s read it JOHN 5:3
2) In (V 8) Jesus spoke the Word, but it wasn’t just to that 1 man, it was to all that would hear.
(a) Only 1 man responded.
(b) That Word that Jesus spoke Lodged in the Womb of that man’s Spirit, and Conception took place.
(i) That man was able to see himself walking.
(ii) When his image of himself changed, he began to recover and was totally healed.
B) There are 2 interesting things that Jesus brings out here when He asks the question, “Wilt thou be made whole?
1) 1st He was bringing out that wholeness was available.
(a) The NIV quotes Jesus as saying “Do you want to get well?”
(i) The man didn’t argue with that, but his response was, “I don’t have any one to help me.”
2) The 2nd thing that Jesus brought out in talking to this man was that it is the PERSONS RESPONSIBILITY TO RECEIVE WHOLENESS.
(a) Jesus didn’t say, “I’m going to do this for you.”
(i) He was saying, “Wholeness is available to you. Do you want it?”
(ii) Many Christians have done exactly what this man did.
(iii) They have said, “I would like to be healed, but you don’t know my problem.”
3) Jesus knew that man’s problem and he was offering the answer.
(a) But this man had been sick and diseased for so long that it was hard for him to see himself any other way.
(i) The man had a hard time seeing himself well and whole.
(ii) So Jesus began to minister to him, when He said, “Wilt thou be made whole?”
C) Man is made up of 3 parts, SPIRIT, SOUL and BODY.
1) Paul said in (1 Thessalonians 5:23) “And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole SPIRIT and SOUL and BODY be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.” KJV
2) When 1 part of the whole man is weak or diseased, the other 2 parts are affected.
(a) MENTAL problems can affect you SPIRITUALLY and PHYSICALLY.
(i) PHYSICALLY problems can affect you MENTALLY and SPIRITUALLY.
(ii) And SPIRITUAL problems can affect you PHYSICALLY and MENTALLY.
(b) The Bible say in (Proverbs 18:14) “A wounded spirit who can bear?” KJV
(i) It will affect the mind.
(c) (Proverbs 14:30) says, “A sound heart (or Spirit) is the life of the flesh.” KJV
(i) You spirit is going to affect you body.
D) The Bible doesn’t record everything that takes place, but Jesus took time to minister to the whole man.
1) He saw that the man had physical problems, but He looked beyond his physical problems and saw that he had spiritual and mental problems as well.
(a) (Proverbs 12:25) says, “Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop.” KJV
(b) This man was not only lying down physically, but he was also lying down mentally and spiritually.
(i) After being diseased for 38 years, his heart was heavy; he had a defeat image.
(ii) He didn’t expect to recover; he had a failure image. He said, “Every time I try to get into that pool, somebody else gets in 1st.”
2) Again (Proverbs 12:25) says, “Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop.” But listen to the last ½ of the V, “A good word maketh it glad.” KJV
3) Jesus knew that the impotent man would have to rise up 1st on the inside, before he could rise up on the outside.
(a) What would be a good word to you if you’ve been flat on your back for 38 Years?
4) Jesus ministered to the whole man Spirit, Soul, and Body, in that order.
E) He was actually saying to the man 1st RISE, RISE SPIRIT MAN! CHANGE YOUR IMAGE. GET RID OF THAT DEFEAT. ALLOW SOME FAITH TO RISE UP INSIDE YOU.
1) TAKE UP THY BED, SOULISH MAN!
(a) GET A RIGHT MENTAL ATTITUDE. STOP SEEING THAT BED CARRYING YOU. START SEEING YOURSELF CARRYING THAT BED!
2) AND BODY, “WALK.”
(a) BE HEALED, GET UP OFF THAT BED and WALK. LYING FLAY ON YOUR BED IS NO PLACE FOR A HEALTH MAN TO BE. GET UP and WALK.
3) When Jesus said, “RISE,” that Word entered the womb of the man’s spirit, and conception took place.
(a) He began to see himself rising.
(b) It’s the same thing when Jesus was walking on the water and he said to Peter, “COME.” (Matt 14:29)
(i) Conception took place in Peter’s spirit and he could see himself getting out of the boat and walking on the water.
(c) When Jesus said to the impotent man, “RISE,” conception took place.
(i) It was the same as when the Word entered the womb of Mary, she conceived!
IV) God’s Word begins to paint a picture, an image on the canvas of your heart.
A) For you to be made whole in the area of your finances, in you mind, in your job, or in your body, IT HAS TO START DOWN INSIDE YOU.
1) As you allow the Word to conceive a faith image inside you, then you will become pregnant with that image.
(a) There will come a time that you will deliver.
(i) It may be tomorrow, it may be next week, it might be next year, but it will come. And you will give birth to a miracle by the Word of God.
B) WILT THOU BE MADE WHOLE.
WOLCC Sun Am 3/9/97