Giving Birth to a Miracle #5
We’ve been on the subject of the Glory of God for a number of weeks now.
In this V we see that some things need to be done before God will heal our LAND (Bring His Glory). 1st we have to HUMBLE OURSELVES, 2nd we have to PRAY, 3rd we have to SEEK THE FACE OF THE LORD (worship and fellowship), 4th we have to TURN FROM OUR WICKED WAYS.
When we begin to line up with what the Word of God says, God will begin to pour His Glory upon the Church. And we need to have the Glory of God in the Church, and when the Glory of God is there, there is going to be revival, and there are going to be miracles.
I) When I say miracles, I don’t only mean instantaneous miracles.
A) But there will be miracles that will talk place gradually.
1) God still wants us to walk by Faith.
(a) (Romans 1:17) says, “For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.” KJV
(i) God wants our life to be a faith walk, and that we will receive the promises of God by faith.
(ii) (2 Corinthians 5:7) Says “(For we walk by faith, not by sight:)” KJV
2) Even when we come to church, we should come expecting God to move. Stand in faith that the Glory of God will be there.
(a) Every time we come to church, we should confess “The Glory of God will come upon Word of Life as we minister to the Lord.”
(b) As we confess the Word of God over the church, we’re going to increasingly see more and more.
(i) More of His presence, more of His Glory, more of the move of the Spirit, and more miracles, including instantaneous miracles.
B) Now there is going to be a battle. In (MARK 4:15) Jesus said that Satan will come and try to steal the Word.
1) If he can steal the Word that is being spoken over the church, he can stop the power that is contained in the Word.
(a) In other words, he can stop the move of God.
2) Satan does not want God to move and he will do everything he can to stop it.
3) It might be through sickness, strife, complacency, negativism, or some other activity of the enemy.
(a) Don’t give in to his tricks. (Strategy)
(b) (James 4:7) says, “Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” KJV
(i) You have the power and authority over the enemy, but we need to use some of the authority that we have.
(ii) You can’t give in to the work of the enemy. You have to resist them.
4) (2 Corinthians 10:4) Says, “(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)” KJV
(a) We have weapons that we can use against the enemy and 1 of those weapons is found in REV 12:9-11. Turn there with me.
(b) Notice that they overcame Satan by 1st the Blood of the Lamb.
(c) Not only does that mean that we need to have the blood of Jesus APPLIED to our lives through SALVATION, but we need his blood APPLIED EVERY DAY.
(i) We apply the blood of Jesus to our lives for POWER and PROTECTION by placing our FAITH in the finished work of Jesus.
(ii) His Blood will never lose its Power.
5) But (V 11) also adds that they OVERCAME Satan BY THE WORD OF THEIR TESTIMONY.
(a) The Words that we speak can either bring blessings or curses.
(i) We can overcome Satan by confessing the right things, but SATAN CAN ALSO USE US.
(ii) When we allow ourselves to speak out things that are negative or wrong, Satan is using us.
C) Turn with me to PRO 6:16-19
1) When God says that He HATES these things, the word HATE in the Hebrew means “HATE or ENEMY.”
(a) The things that are listed here are ENEMIES of God.
2) He also says that they are an ABOMINATION to Him.
(a) That means they are “DISGUSTING” to Him.
(b) 1 of those things is someone that SOWS DISCORD (Strife) AMONG THE BRETHREN.
(i) You sow discord by the negative words you speak.
3) The things that are listed here are ANOINTING DESTROYERS. They will cause the Presence of God and the Glory of God to lift.
(a) If negative words can hinder the move of God, the right words can also usher in the Glory of God.
(i) James said in (JAMES 3:10) That Blessings and Curses can come out of the same mouth.
II) Now not only do we need the move of God in the Church, but we also need Him to move in our personal lives.
A) We need miracles to happen in our daily lives.
1) Turn to MARK 4:28
(a) This LAW of GROWTH is not just a natural law, but it is also a spiritual law.
2) Remember last week when I shared with you about how Gabriel came to Mary with a Word of God. Let’s look at it LUKE 1:30-31
(a) That Word that Gabriel had, “THOU SHALT CONCEIVE” was a word from God and it was a seed.
(b) When Mary said, in (V 30) “Be it unto me according to thy word,” she received that seed and a conception took place in the Womb of her spirit.
(i) Notice that I said the conception took place in the WOMB OF HER SPIRIT. After that in her natural womb.
(ii) But Jesus wasn’t born yet. (instantly)
(c) This is the LAW OF GROWTH.
3) (Psalm 37:23) Says, “The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.” KJV
(a) The Lord doesn’t give us the whole plan for our lives; he ordains them step by step.
(b) But this again is the LAW OF GROWTH.
B) Many times people are expecting some kind of outward manifestation before conception has taken place on the inside.
1) Before you can walk in divine health, the conception of it must 1st become a reality to you on the inside.
(a) You must allow the Word to be lodge in the womb of your spirit before that Word can give birth to a miracle in your life.
(i) Satan will try to steal that Word, but don’t let him
(ii) He might try to attack you with a symptom.
(iii) If you yield to the symptom and consider that a reality instead of holding fast to the seed (God’s Word), then you allow him to perform a spiritual abortion.
C) Even in the middle of a crisis, you don’t have to be moved IF YOU’VE CONCEIVED IN YOUR HEART THE IMAGE of God supplying all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
1) Don’t give up just because things don’t change immediately, or because things seem impossible, or you feel worse.
2) Hold fast to the WORD, and you’ll see the sings of the “BLADE” coming up.
(a) Continue to hold fast to the Word, and you will see the “EAR.”
(b) Finally, because you’ve been hold fast to the Word of God and standing in faith, you’ll see the “WHOLE CORN IN THE EAR.”
(i) That means that you will see your miracle.
(ii) You’ll see the manifestation of your healing, your prosperity, or any other of God’s promises.
(iii) Hold fast to God’s Word.
WOLCC Sun AM 3/2/97