Banking On Our References-h
Banking On Our References
1. What’s the problem with this?
Lk. 6:26 Woe to you when all men speak well of you, for that is how their fathers treated the false prophets.
2. Our behavior is greatly influenced by what others say and think about us.
3. The desire to make a good impression is an incredible one for many people.
4. People get tremendously threatened when you begin to question their goodness?
5. We can never reach our true potential for goodness or godliness until we gain an accurate picture of who we are.
6. Are we really willing to hear the truth about ourselves??
Ø Generally people have difficulty telling the truth. We are more affirming than perhaps we should be at times. I heard the other day that people say that references from lawyers and preachers are the least desirable as inclusions in a resume.
Ø Often we really don’t want to hear the truth. We want to be flattered. We don’t receive the truth about ourselves well.
Ø What people may say about you makes no difference to God. What does God say about you?