This is t same V that we have been going back to for t last few weeks. I think that God wants us to see something here. We said last time that t seed that was sown was t Word of God.
I. Lets go on w/ V 15.
A. Where was it that words are sown?
1. According to Jesus, (MAR 4:15) "Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts."
a. T Word was sown in their heart.
2. Now look at MARK 4:24
a. T part that I wanted you to see was t 1st part of what Jesus said, "Take heed what ye hear."
b. This is very important. People should take heed to what they hear.
c. You shouldn't continually sit under teaching that you know is in error, because that same thing (that same spirit) will get in.
i. It doesn't matter if you know it's wrong. If you continue to subject your spirit to that false teaching it will creep in.
ii. & why would it creep in?
iii. Because your listening to words & words are planted into your heart.
II. Lets go on to another area. LUKE 1:5-15, 18
A. Zacharias was saying, "How do I know you are telling t truth?"
1. In other words, Zacharias was in doubt & unbelief.
2. Let's go on reading w/ LUKE 1:19-20
a. God knew that Zacharias was in doubt & unbelief.
b. (MAT 12:34) "For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh."
i. W/ Zacharias being in doubt & unbelief he would have spoken it out of his mouth because it was in his heart.
ii. God knew that if He didn't shut up Zacharias' mouth that it wouldn't happen.
B. LUKE 1:59-60
1. Even when t child was born Zacharias still could not speak.
a. God wanted that child to be called John.
b. V. 61-64
c. After everything was preformed just t way that God wanted it Zacharias mouth was opened.
i. T wrong words that would have come out of Zacharias's mouth would have stopped God's blessing.
C. Now we can see a big difference between Zacharias & Mary t mother of Jesus.
1. LUKE 1:26-35
a. Mary didn't get into unbelief, she just asked a question.
i. She didn't understand how this could happen.
2. Notice Mary's response. V 38
a. If God is no respecter of persons. Why didn't he cause Mary to be dumb, just as he did Zacharias?
b. There is a big difference. Zacharias did not have t
faith to conceive t Word of God that was brought to him.
i. God just stopped t unbelief.
c. But Mary received t Word of God & conceived it.
i. Mary said, "Be it unto me according to thy word."
3. Listen to Mary's confession. Every thing that she said was because of what t Word of God said.
a. LUKE 1:46-49
b. Mary believed.
III. Turn w/ me to GEN 3:15
A. In this V. God prophesied Satan's defeat, but He also prophesied t coming of t Messiah.
1. Now look at JOHN 1:14
a. Mary conceived t Word of God in her heart & that Word was made flesh.
2. You can do t same thing. Whatever t Word of God says, you can conceive it in your heart & it will manifest.
B. (Ephesians 4:29-30 KJV)
(29) Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. (30) And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
1. What Paul is trying to get across is that if you can't speak in agreement w/ t Word of God don't say anything. 8/29/90 WED PM