We're going to continue on t subject of confessing t Word. As we have been saying, there is power in words. We've been in t book of Mark for t part few weeks so let start there tonight.
I. MARK 4:26-29
A. In this passage of scripture Jesus is telling us that you are t one that is planting t seed.
1. That's why you need to take God's Word & put it in your mouth.
2. When you speak it, it becomes a seed, it goes into t heart - t human spirit - & there it begins to grow & produce.
B. Notice that Jesus said, in (MAR 4:28) "For the earth (t heart of man) bringeth forth fruit of herself; first the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear." (KJV)
1. We know that t word "earth" in (V 28) is t heart of man or his spirit because of what Jesus said in V 15. (look at it)
a. T last part of that V says that "the word that was sown in their hearts."
b. So again Jesus is saying in V 28 that, "For the earth (t heart of man) bringeth forth fruit of herself; first the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear."
2. Sometimes people give up before t harvest.
a. Probably all of us have done that & don't even know it.
b. There is such power in words that you may have said something that stopped t growth process.
c. (MAR 11:23) For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. (KJV)
i. This is a law of Faith.
ii. Let me put that V. little clearer to you. "Whosoever shall say, shall believe, & shall not doubt in his heart, but believes what he says will come to pass, he shall have whatsoever he says."
iii. That's how it works.
d. Some people think, "It's going to happen just because I say it.
i. But it won't happen just because you say it.
ii. People get a hold of (MARK 11:23) & run off into left field w/ it.
3. It won't work just because you say it, But saying it is involved in working it. (repeat)
i. One of t key points that (MARK 11:23) makes is that when you confess t Word, you must believe it in your heart & not doubt.
ii. Faith is very much involved in confessing t Word.
II. Turn to GEN 1. In this chapter we see something that is called t law of Genesis. This is something that God put into existence in t book of Genesis & it is still so today.
A. This law that God put into motion is t law of seed time & harvest.
1. GEN 1:11-12
2. Now look at GEN 8:20-22
a. God says that this is t method He has chosen for this planet, & it will be that way as long as this planet is in existence.
b. God's law of Genesis, is that everything produces after its kind.
i. T seed is in itself.
3. T seed of strife is in strife itself.
a. If you want to create more strife than sow words of strife.
b. If you want to reap love sow word of love.
B. T Bible has already told us that words are seeds. Those words will produce whatever they are seeds of.
III. You have probably heard t statement, "just tell it like it is."
A. That is not a Bible method.
1. T Bible method & t law of faith is that you say it t way t Word of God says it.
2. When you see lack & problems in your life, speak abundance & peace.
a. Go to t Word of God, find t promise, & plant that seed.
B. What t problem has been w/ confession is that people have planted a few good seeds & gone off left them.
1. 1st of all, when you find t promise of God, you don't just plant one seed. You continue planting seeds, you continue to confessing t promise.
2. 2nd you need to care for that seed.
a. You need to stay in faith over that promise of God that you have been confessing.
C. Look at LUKE 17:5
1. Wouldn't it be great if all we had to do is ask for more faith. But that's not how God does it.
2. Look at V 6 & we end w/ this.
a. T KJV says, "If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say...
b. But in t Greek it's a little different.
i. T Greek interlinear says, "If you had faith as a seed you would say..."
c. T ASV bears this out. It says, "And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye would say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou rooted up, and be thou planted in the sea; and it would obey you.
i. Faith speaks & when it does t circumstance will change, it must obey you.
8/15/90 WED PM