We’re going to pick up where we left off last time on our teaching on the subject of “Faith and Confession.”
I) So if you have your Bibles with you quickly turn with me to Joshua 1:8.
A) God told Joshua, “Don’t let the Word depart out of your mouth. Meditate therein day and night. Observe to do all that is written therein. Then you will make your way prosperous.”
1) Did you here 1 of the steps to PROSPERITY that the Lord told Joshua?
a) He said step # 1 Don’t let the word of God depart out of you mouth, then you make your way PROSPEROUS.
2) Faith will come to you much more quickly and have a much more powerful effect in your life when you speak it out of your mouth.
B) JAMES 1:26.
1) (NIV) (JAM 1:26) “If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless.”
a) The word “deceiveth” means “to cheat, i.e. delude: deceive.”
(i) We’re causing our spirits to be deceived by not bridling our tongue.
(ii) In other words, we’re cheating our spirits by not confessing the Word of God.
(iii) The tongue will deceive the heart if we’re not confessing the right thing.
3) Look at JAMES 3:3-6.
a) But notice in (V 3) he likens the tongue to a “BIT” in the horse’s mouth.
(i) That bit can change the horse’s direction; our tongue can change out entire direction.
b) (V 4) refers to a rudder which can change an entire ship’s direction, again our tongue can change the entire direction of our life.
II) MARK 4:14.
A) The seed that the man is sowing is WORDS.
1) This V is talking about the Word of God.
2) In (1PET 1:23) Bible calls the Word of God the INCORRUPTIBLE SEED.
a) If there is an incorruptible seed then there is a corruptible seed.
(i) The incorruptible seed is the Word of God and the corruptible seed would be everything that is contrary to the Word of God.
(ii) But there is a Parallel between the Word and every other word.
(iii) That means that every word your speak is a seed.
B) MARK 4:15.
1) The Word is sown in the heart of man.
2) Look at ROM 10:8.
a) This V tells me 3 things concerning confession.
b) 1st it says that the Word is in your mouth.
(i) That tells me that we are to be confessing the Word of God, speaking it out of your mouth. (JOSH 1:8).
c) And 2nd it says that it is in your mouth and in your heart.
(i) That tells me, If it’s in your heart it will be in your mouth.
(ii) (MAT 12:34) Says, “For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.”
d) And 3rd it tells me the importance to put it in your mouth, so that it will be in your heart.
(i) ROM 10:17.
III) Speaking the Word of God does several things.
A) When you speak the Word of God out of your mouth, then you are planting seeds.
1) And the more you speak the Word, the more you believe it. The more you believe it, the more you speak it.
2) 2COR 4:13.
a) I like it how t NIV puts it (2COR 4:13). It is written: “I believed; therefore I have spoken.” With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak, (NIV)
b) It is believed that Paul was quoting an O.T. scripture in (PSA 116:10) which says in the KJV, “I believed, therefore have I spoken:”
(i) Paul said, “We also believe, and therefore speak;” (KJV)
c) To say it one more time, “What you believe, you will speak. If you believe the Word, you will speak it. If you speak it, you will believe it, and if you believe it you’ll speak it.
(i) This is God’s cycle for producing faith as well as planting seed for harvest.
(ii) This is the way that you get the process going. It’s in your mouth and it’s in your heart.
B) Jesus said in (MAR 4:26) That the kingdom of God, is as if a man should cast seed into the ground; (KJV)
1) You need to understand this that God is not sowing seed for you.
a) He said a man should cast seed into the ground.
b) Your harvest depends on your seeds sown.
2) The earth does not produce anything good to eat by itself. You have to force it to produce things good to eat.
a) Otherwise, all you will get are weeds.
b) You have to do the planting of good seed.
3) There are times that we have unwanted seeds.
a) Unwanted seeds are statements of doubt and unbelief.
b) Things like, “Everything I do ends up a mess.”
(i) “Everything I do turns out bad.” Or, “It’s flu seasons. I’ll probably catch it.”
IV) When Adam and Eve were created they were placed in the Garden of Eden. It supplied them with everything they needed.
A) But Adam sold out to Satan, and Satan became the God of This World.
1) Through the work of Jesus we can now have God’s best again.
2) The born again spirit, which God has placed on the inside of you, is a garden, which will produce everything you need in this life.
a) 1COR 3:9.
b) The word “husbandry” means “Field or Garden.”
c) You are God’s garden and that garden will produce everything that you will need.
B) (GEN 2:15) And the Lord God took the man, and put him into the Garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it. (KJV)
1) The words “dress it” means “to work it, labour over it, to till it.”
2) And the words “Keep it” means to “guard it, protect it, and to attend to it.”
a) The Lord is telling us to labour over and till our heart, to keep it, guard it, protect it, and to attend to it.
b) To speak out things like, “Everything that I do is a failure,” is planting the wrong seeds in that garden.
3) PSA 141:3.
a) We need to guard our heart.
b) Don’t let the things that are contrary to the Word of God come out of our lips, but speak the Word of God.
TFC 8/8/90 WED PM and W. O. L. C. C. Thursday, January 21, 1999. This sermon is taken from Confession # 5.