Living In His Word – Living out His Word
Living In His Word – Living out His Word
NAS "But He knows the way I take; When He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold. 11 "My foot has held fast to His path; I have kept His way and not turned aside. 12 "I have not departed from the command of His lips; I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my necessary food.
NAS But He answered and said, "It is written, 'MAN SHALL NOT LIVE ON BREAD ALONE, BUT ON EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDS OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD.'" ()
NAS Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him, and make Our abode with him.
NAS "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's commandments, and abide in His love.
NAS Jesus therefore was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, "If you abide in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; 32 and you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. "
· Within we are commended to have a new perspective and new understanding of our life choices.
NAS Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men, but as wise, 16 making the most of your time, because the days are evil. 17 So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
· In we are given a heart seeking after His Word and His Righteousness.
NAS Therefore if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.
· We now live in a qualitatively new covenant fulfilling even the promises made to Jeremiah.
NAS "Behold, days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them, "declares the LORD. 33 "But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days," declares the LORD, "I will put My law within them, and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 "And they shall not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for they shall all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them," declares the LORD, "for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more."
· But we are to participate in the sacrifice () and participate in the heart circumcision (). Knowing and understanding God’s Word requires dedication to the choice.
Hearing , (Listening to preaching; take notes and review;
repeat to others )
Examine (Reading; critically evaluate)
Analyze (Studying; parallel passages; word definitions)
Remember (Memorizing; understand it; personal meaning in it;
write down; review it)
Thinking (Meditating; ponder; ruminate; don’t let it go)
Applying (Living it)
· Our faith is expressed, and matured by our response to His commands, His word.
NAS "For My hand made all these things, thus all these things came into being," declares the LORD. "But to this one I will look, to him who is humble and contrite of spirit, and who trembles at My word.
· Therefore we can see having knowledge of the Word of God is simply the beginning of a process.
Knowledge – Belief – Acceptance – Submission – Obedience – Conformity
NAS For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the first-born among many brethren;
· This is a progression. Attempting to skip any element will result in failure – Failure in sin, testimony, teaching and spiritual growth. There is no replacement for knowing the Word if we are to be Disciples of Christ.
NAS Therefore, if a man cleanses himself from these things, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work.
· God reveals His will through the Word but only to those who allow the Holy Spirit to lead them in truth. The Holy Spirit’s role is a fulfilled promise given by Jesus.
NAS "But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.14 He will glorify me, because he will receive from me what is mine and will tell it to you. 15 Everything that the Father has is mine; that is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what is mine and will tell it to you.
NAS "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.