John 1:1-18 The Prologue to the Life of Christ
• Who the person of Christ is [1:1-2]
• The way He is presented [1:6-13]
• The various ways men responded
• His incarnation [v. 18]
The person of Jesus, vv.1-2
• Who is the Word?
• Why is He called the Word?
• What is the nature of the Word? [vv. 1-2]
o He is eternal.
o He is part of the triune Godhead.
o He is God.
The presentation of Jesus [vv. 6-13]
• An object of faith [vv. 6-7]
• Rejected as an object of faith [vv. 9-11]
• May be accepted as an object of faith [v. 12]
The incarnation of Jesus [vv. 14-18]
• The nature of the incarnation
• The benefits of the incarnation
• Eyewitness account [Luke 1:1-2]
• Luke is qualified [v. 3]
o His completeness
o His thoroughness
o His accuracy
o His order
• The reason he wrote is that Christian faith is rooted in objected truth.