Don't Grieve Your Best Friend
Sermon in a Sentence: We must not grieve God's Holy Spirit. (Gen. 6.3,6;Psa. 78.40;Isa. 63.10)
I. Why Can We Grieve the Holy Spirit?
Because He is a Person who loves us. (2 Cor. 13.14)
- A. He Convicts and Calls Us (Jn. 16.7-11)
- B. He Regenerates Us (Jn. 3.5;Tit. 3.5)
- C. He Indwells Us (1 Cor. 6.19,20)
- D. He Baptizes Us (1 Cor. 12.13)
- E. He Guides Us (Rom. 8.14)
- F. He Empowers Us (Rom. 8.11;Gal. 5.22,23)
- G. He Enriches Us.
- H. He Teaches Us (Jn. 16.13)
- I. He Seals Us (Eph. 4.30)
II. How Can We Grieve the Holy Spirit?
- A. v. 25 Lying
- B. v. 26,27 Anger
- C. v. 28 Corrupt Language
- D. v. 31,32 Bitterness & Unforgiveness