23(Isaiah 09,06)Prince of Peace
I. Respond to His Profound Principles (9:6a)
A. Weary in mind? “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” - Matthew 11:28
B. Need basic worldly goods? “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.” - Matthew 6:33
C. Worried about life? But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, "Be of good cheer! It is I; do not be afraid." - Matthew 14:27
II. Remember His Personal Powers (9:6b)
1. Born in Bethlehem.
2. Hidden in Egypt.
3. Raised in Nazareth.
4. Baptized in the Jordan.
5. Tempted in the Wilderness.
6. Preached in Galilee.
7. Healed on the Roadside.
8. Took our sins to Calvary.
B. Eternal Father.
1. Alpha and Omega.
2. The same yesterday, today, and forever.
III. Recognize His Princely Position (9:6d)
A. Prince of Peace
B. Domain (Isaiah 9:7)
1. Matthew 2:2 saying, "Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the East and have come to worship Him." NKJV
2. John 18:36 Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here." NKJV
3. Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. NKJV
4. Ephesians 2:14 For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, NKJV
C. Domain of our hearts. (Prince of a growing kingdom, without end).
1. Colossians 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. NKJV
2. 2 Thessalonians 3:16 Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always in every way. The Lord be with you all. NKJV
3. The more we are subject to Christ, the more peace there is. – No end to it.
4. Zeal – Jealousy for His own name, honor. He wants this.
C. Coming Kingdom.
1. Donkey – White Horse.
2. Stood before Pilate – Pilate stand before Him.
3. Rejected of Men – All men will confess Him.
4. Walked on Water – Walk on the Clouds.
12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. 13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. 15 Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.