23(Isaiah 09,06)Everlasting Father
Christ will still be God after eternity begins.
1. He will be God long after America lies in the dust somewhere.
2. He will be God when our fleeting and vaporous life we now have is gone.
3. He will be God when the stars leap at His command from their present orbit, and the earth melts with heat from the gaze of Him whose eyes are like fire.
4. He will still be God when all our weaknesses become strengths.
5. He will still be God after our defeats become victories.
A. THERE IS WISDOM IN HIS NAME. “Counselor”
1. As your counselor He is always available.
2. As your counselor He gives you His undivided attention.
3. As your counselor He comforts you.
4. As your counselor He guides you in the right way.
5. As your counselor He enables you.
B. THERE IS WEALTH IN HIS NAME. “Mighty God”
1. Jesus has been given all power in heaven and earth. (Mat. 28:18)
2. He created it all.
· The molecules in one drop of water, if they became grains of sand, could build a hi-way ½ mile wide, one foot thick, from New York to San Diego.
· Infinitesimally small yet inconceivably large is the work in that name.
3. Incredible as it may seem: the Child & Son is the Mighty God.
4. As the Mighty God, He is NOT LESS than the Almighty.
E. Nothing is too hard for Him.
C. BUT THERE IS WORSHIP IN HIS NAME. “Everlasting Father”
1. If you Know Jesus, you know the Father.
2. As Father He is Life Giver.
3. He has given us His nature.
4. If He is not God, it would be blasphemy and idolatry to worship Him.
Revelation 1:8 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End," says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."
Jesus has been here throughout all eternity. He has no beginning and He has no end.
Based on this we need to understand something. In John 14:9 and 11, Jesus responds to a request to see the Father. We learn two very important things. First of all to see Jesus is to see God – John 14:9.
Secondly, to know Jesus is know God – John 14:11. Many of us have skewed perceptions of our Heavenly Father, due to the failures of our earthly fathers.
We need to realize that Jesus is perfection defined when it comes to fatherhood. As a father, Jesus cares about every aspect of your life. He wants to comfort you, provide for you and love you unconditionally.
He is the father of eternal life or the father of eternity. Jesus was the one who said while ministering on this earth, "I am the way, the truth, and the life...." (John 14:6).
And one day from his throne in heaven he will say for the entire world to hear:
Revelation 21:5-6 "Behold, I make all things new." And He said to me, "Write, for these words are true and faithful." 6 And He said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts.
He is the only one who can give eternal life because he is the Father of eternity
John 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: NKJV