· A revelation
· Present the Gospel….Acts 25:14
· Preached to the Gentiles….κηρύσσω (kēryssō)..Rev 5:2, Mk 5:15-20
· Influential people….Acts 15 (Jerusalem Council)
· Run in vain…Run….τρέχω (trechō)….Vain (empty, w/o results)…κενός (kenos).
· Titus (Greek)….circumcision (Timothy…..Jewish and Greek) Acts 16:3
False brothers and false pretenses
· False brothers…..ψευδάδελφος (pseudadelphos) (fake believers) II Cor 11:26
· Secretly and spy (lie in wait and plot against)
· Freedom….ἐλευθερία (eleutheria) (curtain torn down)
The concept of freedom is expressed as a negation of control or domination, for example, ‘where the Spirit of the Lord is present, there is no longer domination.
· Slaves (make subservient, bring into bondage) to what? II Pet 2:19
Stay in the battle
· No surrender (military term to come under)..I Tim 2:11, 3:4, Titus 2:9
· Not for a moment…Matt. 8:5-13
· Truth….ἀλήθεια (alētheia), John 14:6 (I am …indicative mood)
That which is in accord with what really happens, facts that correspond to a reality, whether historical (in the time/space continuum) or an eternal reality not limited to historical fact
Empowered and entrusted….
· Entrusted…I have faith and believe you can finish the work. Mark 16:17, Rom 1:16
· Empowered….ἐνεργέω (energeō) to cause to function…I Cor.12:6
· Be a pillar….I Tim 3:15, Rev 3:12
· What am I entrusted with and empowered to do…II Tim 4:1-5
κήρυξον τὸν λόγον