I Don't Pull Weeds
Some of you can relate to one unknown homemaker who wrote:
- I don't do windows, because I love birds and don't want one to run into a clean window and get hurt.
- I don't wax floors, because I am terrified a guest will slip and get hurt then I'll feel terrible (plus they may sue me.)
- I don't disturb cobwebs, because I want every creature to have a home of their own.
- I don't Spring Clean, because I love all the seasons and don't want the others to get jealous.
- I don't put things away, because my husband will never be able to find them again.
- I don't do gourmet meals when I entertain, because I don't want my guests to stress out over what to make when they invite me over for dinner.
- I don't iron, because I choose to believe them when they say "Permanent Press."
- I don't pull weeds in the garden, because . . . I don't want to get in the way of God’s design for creation.
Source: Sermons.com email dated 7/14/08