Christ Armfield - Resetting Limbs
Galatians 2:16 - Faith in Christ, not the law
- Galatians 2:20 and Galatians 3:3
- Faith started the process, do work finish the process? NO!!
Galatians 5:1 and Galatians 5:16-17
- We don't replace an old list of works with a new one
- Pauls' flow of thought is building on how we are to live holy apart from reliance on rules kept "in the flesh."
POINT: What does a Gospel created, Spirit-filled life look like? Galatians 6
- Some would say it means to be "religious" in a particular way; some might identify someone who is "intuitive" and "in touch with life" as truly "spiritual." But Paul has a different view in mind.
- "In Galatians 6:1, in the context of walking and living and being led by the Spirit, [those who are spirtual] can refer only to those who aer so walking and living and being led by the Spirit." Author: Gordon Fee
- There are still problems, even the early churches had problems.
- Galatians 5:15; Galatians 5:26; Galatians 6:1-3
- Birthed because people were self-focused
- Why are there problems?
- Enemy setting traps not deliberate sin
- Adam * Eve - made them think something that wasn't true (deception)
- Do we believe this for me?
- Do we believe this for others?
2. Do not grow weary in doing good (RESTORING)
- Galatians 6:1 (people of the household of faith) => Those who are walking in the Spirit are those who are to "restore (setting a broken bone or dislocated joint, or like mending a net): the one who is sinning.
- What will you do, or what are you willing to do for your family?
- Neumatic (spiritual = Living in dependence on and under the influence of the Holy Spirit) => People do the good
- Restore = Mend or reset back in place; put back in order
"We cannot ever, ever graduate from the Gospel" Author: Larry Crabb, "Soul Talk"
"Believer are those who live by the Spirit. This underlines the thought that the power of the Spirit manifest in the life of the believer is not an occasional think, manifesting itself now and then in times of special need. The believer's whole way of life is dominated by the divine Spirt." Author: Leon Morris
- Remind each other how they are "built" (Gospel)
- Carry each other's burdens (things that will crush the individual)
- Clearly Paul is not offering a new "law" to follow by calling Christians to "bear one another's burdens"
- "The Holy Spirit does not produce [His] fruit for our private enjoyment. True spirituality is not an individualistic quest for self-fulfillment-the kind of thing one has to climb to the top of a pillar by oneself to discover. The life of the Spirit flourishes for the sake of others." Author: Philip Graham Ryken
3. How do we remind ourselves of this truth?
- Galatians 6:6 (The Word!!)
The Gospel and Spirit Filled Life is life that Jeus Christ forms in you. Galatians 4:19