Return To Your First Love
Select all the text in this box and paste your sermon here...
Sermon text with italics and bold and John 3:16 and v. 20.
Jesus commended the church of Ephesus:
- Their Devotion: “I know your deeds, your hard work and perseverance”
- Their Discernment: “I know that you cannot tolerate wicked men, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles, but are not, and have found them false”
- Their Determination: “You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary”
“Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken the love you had at first” (v.4)
Not that they did not love Him, but they left their first love.
It is about the sense of discovery I had at first - that Jesus loves me and I love Him dearly.
Symptoms of a loss of first love - Loss of:
- Joy and Glow
- Ability to Love Others
- Godly Perspectives of Ourselves
”Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the works you did at first” (v.5)
1. Keep On REMEMBERING
Recalling again and again
A change of mind; a change in action
3. REPEAT the works you did at first
Peer Pressure: The 5Cs
- Gen X & Before: Condo; Cash; Cars; Credit Cards; Country Clubs
- Millennials: Career; Change; (Internet) Connection; Competition; Cash
for “the earth is the Lord’s, and all its fullness” (1 Cor 10:26)