Priests Wear Onyx
Sunday, April 14, 2019
Priests Wear Onyx – Ted Lewis
• In Exodus, Aaron the high priest was anointed to minister to God and to represent the children of Israel
• In the New Covenant, all believers are priests – 1 Peter 2:9
• We, like Aaron, have the responsibility to not only seek personal holiness (Romans 12:1) but also to represent our brethren before the Lord.
• On his priestly ephod, Aaron wore pieces of onyx stone, engraved with the names of the 12 sons of Israel, on his shoulders while he was before the Lord. Exodus 28:9-12. We do this by faithful intercessory prayer for our brethren in Christ.
• Aaron’s priesthood and our priesthood point to the all-important role and ministry of the Great High Priest. – Hebrews 4:14 & 1 Peter 2:24