A Lively Hope
Peter gives some glorious truths about salvation.
I. The Source of Salvation (1:1–2)
A. Chosen by the Father (1:1–2a)
· Salvation brings peace.
B. Made Holy by the Spirit (1:2b).
C. Cleansed by the blood of Christ (1:2c).
II. The Guarantee of Salvation (1:3–5)
A. The Proof (1:3): The tomb is empty! 主にかんしゃ
· God Is merciful, we must be born again.
· Have one’s mind changed, that we live a new life
B. The Promise (1:4)
· Once saved always saved.
· Christians are promised a home in Heaven.
C. The power (1:5) Kept by the Power of God; we will safely arrive in heaven.
III. The Joy OF SALVATION (1:6–9)
A. Vs. 6 The promise (1:6): Joy can be yours in trials.
B. Vs. 7-9 Our trials produce a two things:
1. They increase our faith in God (1:7).
2. They increase our love for God (1:8–9).
IV. The Old Testament Prophets and Salvation (1:10–12a)
A. What they did not understand (1:10–11)
B. They could not comprehend the future work of the Messiah.
1. His grief (1:10–11a) Isaiah 53 “The Suffering Servant”
2. His glory (1:11b)
B. What they did understand (1:12a): That their prophecies would not be fulfilled until after their deaths.
V. The Angels and Salvation (1:12b)
· They long to know more about this wonderful subject.