To The Unknown God
· For anyone to experience a new Beginning in life we have to begin with an evaluation. We have to be able to orientate ourselves. Firstly where we came from, then, where we are presently and finally where we are going. It would be impossible to orientate ourselves with something that is always changing! A compass would be useless if the earth changed position all the time, navigation by the stars would be useless if the stars alway moved around. If continents moved, maps would be a waste to make etc… Can you imagine getting directions from someone who thinks he knows where they are, or thinks he knows where you are going?
· Not only in the natural would it be hard to find your way but in the paths of Life, in your soul, in your spirit. Just like we depend on an unchanging environment around us we need to depend on an unchanging eternal orientation point!
22 Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.(They were willing to collect Gods, but not follow them)
23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.
24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
30And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.
32 And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked: and others said, We will hear thee again of this matter.
8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
ALPHA AND OMEGA
He is both the Creator and the Redeemer and the Final Judge of all things.
6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.
· I am the first and the Last! We are willing to admit he is the beginning and the end, but we want to be the middle!
· Tradition show us this frame of mind. Baptism in the name of God as a baby and burial in his name at the end, But there is little talk or teaching about the God of the Middle!
· Until you discover the creator you will never know your purpose!
· Paul said “Follow me as I follow the Lord”.
· Worshiping the Unknown God! Worshiping is a strange concept for us. What we will do is we will create a God that we are comfortable with! Zb.. Opra Winfry show; She professes to be a strong believer in God a solid christian, but She says she doesn´t believe the whole Bible, just parts of it. That´s New Age thinking! Looking inside yourself and creating a God after your own image!
11 And Moses said unto God, Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt?
· It seems each time God asks us to do something we immediately go internal and ask who am I ?
12 And he said, Certainly I will be with thee; and this shall be a token unto thee, that I have sent thee: When thou hast brought forth the people out of Egypt, ye shall serve God upon this mountain.
· God doesn´t even answer his question, he simply says what he will do!
13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?
14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.