Not my will, but yours be done
10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
· Let´s look at the beginning of Gods Kingdom on the earth.
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
· God gave them authority under authority! So long as they submitted to God´s authority they had dominion in their lives. When they lifted their own wills higher than God´s, they lost their dominion, authority and yielded their will to the devil.
· Have you noticed a trend today? The trend to independance? Every country seems to be declaring it´s independance from the rule of another. Every nation seems to think that it can govern itself better with anyone else. In some cases that will be better, but if there is not the understanding that I have to be free to submit to a righteous government than we will create rebels!
· The “Republic of “ME,MY,and I”? But no one should control me! That´s right, but you should submit to authorities over you. Governments, Family leaders, Spiritual leaders, etc..
· Independance outside of God is rebellion from the true source of life. Jesus said “ I am the Way the Truth and the Life, no man comes to the father except through me.” This is not popular today. That some would be so narrow minded and say that there is only ONE WAY! That would stop me from my independance and freedom to do what I want! That hinders the forming of the Republic of ME,MY and I.
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
to will, to have in mind, to intend
a) to be resolved or determined, to purpose
b) to desire, to wish
c) to love,
to like to do a thing, to be fond of doing
d) to take delight in, to have pleasure
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
1 Pet 5:5-7
5 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.(He will not take your cares till you humble yourself)
1 From whence come wars and fightings among you (Inside of you too)? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?
2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, ( These are people who have divided loves) know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?
6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.
10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.
7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.