My relationship to myself
What if you grew up without a father, and your mother told you that your father was dead? As you grew up you would have a few thoughts like "I wonder what he was like", or maybe "what we would have done together". But basically your realtionship with him would be dead too.
Years go by and when you are twenty years old, you find a letter in the trash that is addressed to your mother and it is a letter from your father. You think at first this letter is old, but you notice the stamp date, it is only a week old! Your Father is not dead! Your mind goes crazy, you have a thousand questions. Why the lies? Where is he? (Like myself I wanted to find myself by seeing my Father.) You want to find him, to find out who you are. So you find him and the problem is you don't find YOURSELF you find someone else.
Who am I?!!
The world is in an identity Crisis!
Isa 29:16 You turn things upside down, as if the potter were thought to be like the clay! Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, "He did not make me"? Can the pot say of the potter, "He knows nothing"? (NIV)
The three basic questions: Where did I come from?
Why am I here?
Where am I going?
· WHERE DID I COME FROM? * things upside down …as if the potter were thought to be like the clay. Are we forming God into our image?
Many think that God is the creation of Man. We try to identify ourselves by making everyone like us. Jesus White with blonde hair? Black with afro hair style? Or just a Jewish Man?
· Why am I here?* …"He did not make me" Everything that is made has a purpose!
I AM A SELF MADE MAN!
· We live in a world where we are taught to live for ourselves. Self fulfillment, Self discovery, Self awareness, Self parenthood, Seperation is seen as having control of your life.
· Where am I going? * "He knows nothing"
· Here we have given in, that we believe that there is a higher being ((careful that we do not get to personal, we might give him too much room in our lives)(Like not feeding the cat on the street, he might follow you home)) BUT we do not give him any rights to be God in our lives.
· Jer 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
· Could it be that the desires that I have in my heart are like the desires in God's heart? To live a long life, to be Happy, to have love and friendships and peace and never be afraid etc…? I guess he does know something.
· The creator is the only one who can give the full purpose of what is created. So you see I don't only find God, I FIND MYSELF TOO!
24 "The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. 25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else. 26 From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. 27 God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. 28 'For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.'
29 "Therefore since we are God's offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone-- an image made by man's design and skill. 30 In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent (turn away from such thinking and living and turn to God!). 31 For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead." (NIV)