I am that I am_3
1 O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. 2 You know when I sit or stand. When far away you know my every thought. 3 You chart the path ahead of me and tell me where to stop and rest. Every moment you know where I am. 4 You know what I am going to say before I even say it.
5 You both precede and follow me and place your hand of blessing on my head. 6 This is too glorious, too wonderful to believe! 7 I can never be lost to your Spirit! I can never get away from my God! 8 If I go up to heaven, you are there; if I go down to the place of the dead, you are there. 9 If I ride the morning winds to the farthest oceans, 10 even there your hand will guide me, your strength will support me. 11 If I try to hide in the darkness, the night becomes light around me. 12 For even darkness cannot hide from God; to you the night shines as bright as day. Darkness and light are both alike to you. 13 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit them together in my mother's womb. 14 Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! It is amazing to think about. Your workmanship is marvelous-- and how well I know it. 15 You were there while I was being formed in utter seclusion! 16 You saw me before I was born and scheduled each day of my life before I began to breathe. Every day was recorded in your book!
17 How precious it is, Lord, to realize that you are thinking about me constantly! I can't even count how many times a day your thoughts turn toward me. And when I waken in the morning, you are still thinking of me! (TLB)
· I don’t believe in you! What do you mean? You can see me. No I can’t, I can only see your body. I can only see what you have decorated. How do I know that you are you? Yes you told me your name when you came in, but how do I really know that you are who you say that you are? AND how do I know that you are in there? How do I know that you are not a clone? Or maybe you had an operation on your face and you are really someone else? What if you get in a car wreck and your face gets burnt and your legs get cut off, are you still you?
· God does not have this need on the inside of him that you believe in him. He doesn’t have an ego problem. In reality you have this need on the inside of you to believe in Him, you have an ego problem.
1. The self, especially as distinct from the world and other selves.
2. In psychoanalysis, the division of the psyche that is conscious, most immediately controls thought and behavior, and is most in touch with external reality.
3. a. An exaggerated sense of self-importance; conceit. b. Appropriate pride in oneself; self-esteem.
· What do I mean by this? Who am I? Why am I here? Self discovery. Man without God is still trying to discover himself. The individual self. This is the part that is like God. When God created Adam in the Garden he breathed into him the breath of life and he became a living soul. More than an animal, he became aware of himself!
13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? 14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.
· God is the ultimate self existance. He was, is and will be forever. He created man the same and until we know God we will never know ourselves. This is one of the worst things about not believing in the existance of God, we also stop believing in the existance of ourselves. I am an animal, I am a relative of a monkey, I am an accident of nature, I am… Here we are trying to explain what we are but we still haven’t explained how it is that we are.
23 O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.
Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.